Northern ballet junior associates

dancingmuppet

My nearly 10 year old DD would like to audition for Northern ballet JAs. She auditioned for Royal ballet JAs last year and got a short waiting list place but sadly nothing came up. Just wondering if the audition process for Northern is similar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Thank you Frangapani and eloise_please. We might go to the open day on 29th Jan, but she's just started going to their open classes so is familiar with the building (Her dad takes her and is hopeless at asking any questions about associates etc!) although I'm sure she'd enjoy the open day and it would be helpful for me. I'm taking her to the Leeds RBS be a JA for the day in Feb as she would like to audition for them again.

Hi We went to the Royal Ballet JA day in London with my 8 year old as we are away in half term so can't get to the Leeds one. My daughter absolutely loved it! (I think she would've packed her bag and gone right then if they had asked her!). It was a lovely class. All the children listened well and she really enjoyed it. We are auditioning both girls for JA in Leeds. Also trying Elmhurst in Manchester as we are in Sheffield. Good luck with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again. I took my DD to the Northern ballet Academy open day today. She did a wonderful class and had a great time. The same teacher does the audition class so she will know the teacher and hopefully this will put her at ease. She had a big smile on throughout and it has been a really positive experience. Get along to one if you can b4 the auditions

X

• Like 1

Dd's teacher is Jane at the moment, but she's expecting a baby in about June, I'm not sure who'll be teaching then.

Dd has really enjoyed the open classes and has learnt a lot from them in a short space of time, I'm thinking of taking my youngest dd, but probably not until September.

Edited by dancingmuppet

Dd's teacher is Jane at the moment, but she's expecting a baby in about June, I'm not sure who'll be teaching then.

Dd has really enjoyed the open classes and has learnt a lot from them in a short space of time, I'm thinking of taking my youngest dd, but probably not until September.

Is that Jane Tucker expecting another baby??? How lovely! :-) xxx

Cara teaches the first and second year CAT programme. She also does all the open days and auditions, so yes you will have her again. Jane teaches the first year junior associates and Nathalie teaches the second year junior associates. They study ballet and body conditioning. I believe they don't teach contemporary until mid associates but I am unsure.

Hi, from what I know the mid associates are for ages 12 - 14 and are held on a saturday morning. The cat programme is for ages 10 - 16 and I think the classes for that depend on what the individual student needs, but is several times a week. There's quite a lot of info on the Northern ballet website.

The closing date for audition applications is Feb 20th, with the auditions themselves being the beginning of March.

Hope this helps :)