Winter school?!

drdance

I know it's probably miles from anyone's minds right now but I have a few questions for people regarding an idea I've been having.

How many people would be interested in a winter school? 3 or 4 days between Christmas and New Year as it can be a time when people get bored, and are looking for things to do (my friends and I refer to this time as 'Crimbo Limbo'!).

If you would be interested would you prefer residential or day classes? What sort of classes would you prefer? Obviously cost is a huge factor - how much would you be happy to pay if you were interested in this type of thing? Would you prefer to pay a bit less and have good teachers but not necessarily the prima ballerinas of this world or would you be happy to pay more if you were getting tuition from ex or current pros?

Please comment or inbox me. Many thanks!

• Like 2

Dd went to something similar last year in Birmingam ballet & jazz masterclass over the new year held over 3 days.

It was very well attended. We paid £8-10 per class.

For me though I would be reluctant to take her between Christmas & New Year as we are always busy those days. It was 1st week if Jan just before she went back to school

I would want to be sure the teaching was good. Names mean nothing to me, but teaching credentials & reputation do.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 2

If people have auditions after the xmas break I'm sure that a residential few days would have some appeal - I know that we would have jumped at the chance last year. This year perhaps a one day masterclass but nothing that starts too early ;)

• Like 1

We have had 'Crimbo Limbo' too and had theatre breaks in London to avoid it for the last couple of years, but done them just after the new year when hotels are very cheap. My dd seems to enjoy summer (or winter!) schools which offer a variety of genres. If people are coming from a distance, then whole days would make the travel worthwhile. Good luck with your venture.

• Like 1

I'm exploring residential options at the moment. It would have a strong classical focus and would definitely include a one-on-one ballet technique/fitness session with each student as part of the programme, as per some of the comments above.

• Like 2

I'm exploring residential options at the moment. It would have a strong classical focus and would definitely include a one-on-one ballet technique/fitness session with each student as part of the programme, as per some of the comments above.

yes please, DD would be VERY interested. Definitely had a case of 'Chrimbo Limbo' in our house last year!! Residential option would be preferable for us.

I would be interested if it were to be affordable as everything shuts around christmas and the dreaded 'chrimbo limbo' sets in!