Ballet Cymru Summer School

Loulabelle

Anyone's DD or DS there on the ballet courses this week?

My DD is in Ballet Course group 4 and has had a fantastic week, she says its the best summer school shes done as shes learn't so much. Looking forward to the show of work tomorrow, any Balletco forum members there? it would be nice to say hello.

Hi Loulabelle

I have daughers on courses 3 & 4 and both are also associates.  Its a brilliant summer school, they really work them hard but also have a fantastic rapport with the students. 

We've been driving quite some distance backwards and forwards everyday.  Its a long week and they (and I) are exhausted by the end of the week but they love it and really do gain so much from the experience.

Sadly I can't watch tomorrow otherwise I would have said 'hi' but enjoy the show :D

We've driven back and forth too, spent 4 hours a day driving which was hard work!

DD has had a fantastic week thought her feet are very sore from all the pointe work. Today she was very flattered when they asked her to join the associate programme, she'd love to but really don't think we can fit it in. Not enough Sundays in a month!

We've driven back and forth too, spent 4 hours a day driving which was hard work!

DD has had a fantastic week thought her feet are very sore from all the pointe work. Today she was very flattered when they asked her to join the associate programme, she'd love to but really don't think we can fit it in. Not enough Sundays in a month!

How lovely to receive an offer.  Shame you can't fit it in.  PM me if you change your mind.  We may be able to lift share it that helps at all with your decision.  Eldest DD's feet and pretty battered and bruised this week and she is quite used to pointe work.  Shes off to vocational school in September so she needs to get used to it :wacko:

My DDs were there too - we stayed at the Travelodge instead of driving 3 hours or so daily - works out cheaper than the petrol cost if you can get a room early enough.  Loved watching the show yesterday.  My DDs were on course 3 and the advanced/professionals courses.

• 8 months later...

I've received an email this evening - my DD has been offered a place at ballet course 3! :-)

I'm also very pleased with the fact that the lessons will be in their fantastic new studios, and just the show will be at Riverfront theatre.

Did you apply for the same course Eowyn?

My DD loves this summer school - are all the classes in their Studios this year rather than the Riverfront?  If so, its a shame as it means my DD cant go, she will travel independantly and the Riverfront is within walking distance from the station, its been ideal inprevious years.

It will say on your confirmation email if it wasn't on the application form. Last year course 3 was at their studios too but the other courses were at Riverfront.  We stayed at the Travelodge and 1 child had to make their own way to and from Riverfront each day so I could drive the other to their studios.  I think only one course could run at their studios as it is one big room - studio rather than studios.

I think it's 2 studios now - when I was there last time the second studio has been used (though some building work still going on I think).

Sorry Bunkruptmum, didn't know that you prefer the Riverftont Theatre. From where we live it's much simpler to get to their studios by car but I agree it's worst if you are traveling by public transport.