RBS Summer School Waitlist

Sniffymum

Well done that is great news, my daughter was also on the waiting list for the summer school but we have now booked our holiday which is at the same time as the summer school. It is nicer to wait for a holiday instead. Mind you I think she would hit the roof if she now got offered a place.

Hi. We also got a phone call this week offering younger DD a place on the second week. Fab news as older DD had already got a place. We were told it was because they had noticed she had been down to the finals. They said SS and finals are decided by separate people but they like to have another look at those they turned down! Younger DD is so excited!!!!

• Like 2

That's wonderful news Sniffymum! Our DD was on the waiting list last year and was never called! What a disappointment it was! Luckily this year she got a place straight away! Not her big sister though who got a no 2 years in a row! :(

What a lovely surprise for your dancing children!! My dd got waiting list last year but never got the call. This year she was offered the 2 nd week which she was thrilled about. Still waiting for final details. Does anyone know when we're likely to get these as want to book train tickets etc.

Hi elfies mum. Seem to remember get a form nearer the time asking if they want to share with anyone, telling them what they need to take and requiring medical information etcetra. Arrival times were sent with this and seemed to be staggered throughout the day. I agree we need this ASAP to sort out the transport etc. We are also 2nd week. My DD is 11, what age is your DD?

My dd has 2 very close friends who are really beautiful ballet dancers but (didn't get call backs for year 8 White Lodge RBS places this year). Our Ballet Teacher has some links with with RBS and has said that due to the Olympics they have taken more dancers who are not training in the UK. Who knows what they are looking for but would have thought they would offer places to those children on their Associate Schemes first? Know 2 of dd old friends" from dancing who got into RBS lower school year 7 last year who are not doing summer school as they need a rest from dancing! My advice from a dh who commutes every day into London is "STAY AWAY" during the Olympics!

Just my opinion from watching over the years, but the WL summer school is a chance for the school to see students who they wouldn't normally see, which might be why they don't always take associates.

• Like 2

Hi Pups Mum - DD is 11 (12 at end of May).

She's a Mid and made the Yr 8 final this year and therefore was not really expecting to get to Summer School again.

DD was at SS last year when someone got offered a place for Yr 7 but have told her not to hold out any hope that the same might happen for Yr 8 as I guess the one place available went to one of the 4 in the final.

Still, she loves it at WL and will enjoy the week on its own merits anyway.

Well done to anyone who has had a call this week - something to look forward to.

Very true.....my youngest dd a ja for 3 years only made swl the second time we applied and didn't even make the final when most of the class did.

Great news for all your dd's given places from the waiting list it seems to make it all the more exciting.

Sniffymum ....will your dd be joining my youngest in september?

• Like 1

My ds was at ss last year as a year 5 pupil and shared a room with a year 6 boy, who was there for the second year running. He was from overseas and only did one ballet class a week and no other dancing! He had a lovely feel for ballet,but technically was miles behind and lacked strength!

My son has been a ja for 3 years and this will be his 2nd year SS but, he didnt make WL finals and was on the waiting list for a MA place!

He has however been offered a mds place at another vocational school!

I really dont know what you can read into, getting a place at SS! From our experience absolutely nothing!

My DD was a JA from age 8 (Year 4) and applied for RBS SS twice and never got in, not even on the waiting list, but got a place at White Lodge for Year 7 :)

I agree with Evie that acceptance into SS or NOT in our case, means absolutely nothing !! Don't let your talented children lose hope if they don't get into SS.

LTD

• Like 3