Ballet Tights

Kat09

As DD is starting at vocational school I'm looking to reduce costs where I can. I'm looking at various options on purchasing tights in bulk and am wondering if any balletco parents want to join me. I'm going to stick my neck out and say minimum order will be 10 pairs. If you have an interest please send me a PM and let me know  stating whether your DDs want a particular brand or are happy with generic convertible tights. I will not be looking to make a profit - tights will be at cost plus postage if I get enough interest and can secure a decent discount for us all. It might not work but I won't know unless I try ...

At Central the students buy their tights in house so that they all have the same colour. At first I didn't like this idea but actually they have been fantastic and the 6 original pairs that were purchased are still going strong and have been good value

Kat, dd has been at voc school for a number of years. Has always managed with 6 - 8 pairs a year. We might have been lucky but always make sure she starts year with good quality tights, she likes Danskin and then just nag her not to put in general wash. None of this years pairs are laddered just looking a bit sad but might recover with a soak and then can be used as spares for next year. 

• Like 1

Never hand washed them!! We did go through other brands quickly when she was younger but once found these (& another brand I can't remember) do last. Normally bin because end up to pale. Are expensive though.

All the London shops give a discount to vocational students as Tulip said. Just need to take in offer letter or tag and they put you on system. They then keep a record of shoes etc and will post them out from shop to school if stuck.

• Like 1

DD wears Capezio tights and they are very long-lasting. She isn't at vocational school but is in ballet class for a number of hours per week. The Capezio tights have always washed beautifully at 30 degrees with whites or other pale colours and have kept their colour well (although they are a lovely pale shade in any event) - they also seem fairly resistant to laddering, especially compared with other makes she has tried in the past.

• Like 1

Our 3 DDs use Plume P72 from Dance Direct. They last well over a school year and we end up binning them because they eventually lose their colour. I wash them every day in the machine at 30° and let them dry overnight...

DD wears Capezio tights and they are very long-lasting. She isn't at vocational school but is in ballet class for a number of hours per week. The Capezio tights have always washed beautifully at 30 degrees with whites or other pale colours and have kept their colour well (although they are a lovely pale shade in any event) - they also seem fairly resistant to laddering, especially compared with other makes she has tried in the past.

I have also always used Capezio and they lasted YEARS!

• Like 1