Meningitis C vaccine

taxi4ballet

Hi all, 

My dd's school is doing the Meningitis C vaccinations at the very end of term and it is scheduled (of course) just a couple of days before she goes on two weeks of ballet summer school. She is 15.

Has anyone's dc had this jab, did they have any side-effects, and if so, how soon was it before they felt ok again?

DD had a tendency to be unwell for a few days after jabs when she was younger and we want her to have it, but a bit concerned that she will feel grotty at summer school so thinking of asking them to put it off till Sept if they can. 

Two of mine have had this jab with no side effects bar a sore arm on the day but neither of them suffered after jabs when younger either. I would have thought that if you were at all worried you should be able to get this done at the doctors surgery once she is back from summer school. Our school used to advise you went to the doctor if you were absent on the day of vaccinations for any reason. I think the only reason they do it in schools in the first place is because of the numbers of children involved in these vaccination programs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dd had this jab on Friday - it took her 72 hours to get over it properly so I think you may have made the right decision Taxi4ballet. She has had no problems with any other jabs but whilst her arm hurt a little the main side effect was she literally had NO energy .... To include not going dancing which is unheard of!!!! 72 hours later all forgotten but wiped out the weekend for her. Hope dd enjoys her SS.

• 2 weeks later...