SUMMER SCHOOL in classical ballet mainly

stillatit

Hello stillatit.

Yorkshire Assembly take students from 9 years standard Grade 3 to vocational students. Look on the website www.yorkshireballetscholarshipcentre.com and email the secretary if you are interested as closing date states 20th June.

• Like 1

London Children's Ballet do a lovely summer school from age 9 upwards. Dd has never done the Junior one but has done the Senior SS several times and it is a truly wonderful experience: http://www.londonchildrensballet.com/training/summer-school/

If you are within reach of Harpenden there is a lovely summer school there later in August which I can also vouch for, and which dd is looking forward to again this year: http://www.harpendensummerdanceschool.co.uk/Harpenden_Summer_School/Welcome.html

I was about to suggest the Tring Park summer school but it looks as if it may be full, which is a shame: http://www.tringpark.com/associated-courses/summer-dance-course

• Like 3

Not sure where you live stillatit , but my summer school is mainly classical , accepts 7 - 18 yr olds and is residential if you wish . Based in keighley , West Yorkshire. The faculty are from Hammond , NBT , Northern ballet Manchester and others . 18 th Aug for a week , with a performance in the theatre on the Friday night x

Southsea dance summer school is ran by Viennen Fesstival ballet. The 6 day long course is based in Hampshire. My daughter attended last year and has a place for this year. It was excellent, 9.30 - 4.00 Monday - Friday with performance on the Saturday. Younger girls do ballet, character and limbering, older girls incorporate pointe. I think it was £140, well worth the money. x

• Like 1

have copied and pasted this from Tina's leaflet.  Hope this is ok moderators.  I have no connection except that DD and several of my pupils have done this for several years.  HIghly recommended for all ages.

Summer Ballet Workshop Week 2014

With Tina Marsh BA Hons N.A.T.D

at the Regent Centre, Christchurch

‘Coppelia- From-Scratch’ 28th July to 2nd August

This enjoyable workshop week gives dancers aged 8-21 the chance to experience daily ballet classes and rehearsals taught by professional dancers, culminating in a unique performance of the popular ballet ‘Coppelia’ on stage.

A truly rewarding experience…

Dancers will have fun and equal participation; receive expert tuition; meet new people, further their performance skills and their passion for ballet and the theatre.

Back by popular demand, these workshops have been hugely successful in Dorset for many years and are designed to support and enhance your regular ballet training.

Tina Marsh is a professional dancer with over 10 years performance experience with a number of ballet and contemporary companies. She is also an experienced and fully qualified teacher.

Timetable

Mon – Fri                11am - 3.30pm Juniors & Seniors

Saturday               11am - 2pm Juniors & Seniors (performance 2.30pm)

The cost of this course is only £140 per dancer.

Places are strictly limited so book early to avoid disappointment.

Please complete the form below and send with a cheque to:

Tina Marsh, 19 Greenhill Rd, Colehill, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 2RF

For more information please call Tina Marsh on

07903 753167 or email tina.marsh@hotmail.co.uk