Best Mobile Network at Whitelodge Royal Ballet School

enpointe75

Hi everyone,

My DS is going to summer school  at Whitelodge this year and we would like to get him a mobile phone for when he is there. In our pack it says this is fine but the signal is not great in the park. Just wondering if anyone already staying there knows which network has best reception?

I know he can use the payphone but we'd like to send him quick texts rather then him having to worry about getting money from the office to call all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

My DS is going to summer school  at Whitelodge this year and we would like to get him a mobile phone for when he is there. In our pack it says this is fine but the signal is not great in the park. Just wondering if anyone already staying there knows which network has best reception?

I know he can use the payphone but we'd like to send him quick texts rather then him having to worry about getting money from the office to call all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Hello enpointe75, when my DD was at WL, her mobile network was Orange (EE).  Sometimes it was great, but most of the time all networks only worked when they were outside in the garden.  They have installed a mobile booster, but it hasn't made a lot of difference.  LTD

We used Orange when my son was there, but that was a few years ago now.  I visit fairly often and have never had trouble with my Virgin network.

And welcome to the forum - and good luck to your son as he starts WL in September.  It's an exciting time and you'll have a busy summer sorting out all the labelling!!!

Hi enpoint - welcome!  I wish your son the best of fun with the summer school this year.  My son did it last year and was unfortunately a bit homesick.  Some of them took mobile phones and some did not.  Now, when he went away with his school last month he was not allowed to take a mobile phone and was not at all homesick.  Your son may have already been used to being away but you might want to give some thought to this.  It was certainly my son's experience that those with mobiles missed home a lot more as they could call home.   Anyway, just a thought......  

• Like 2

hi Everyone

ZooZoo that is a really good point. My DS is also going this year and I am already a bit worried about him getting homesick. He has been away from home before but not for this long. I was going to send him with a phone but now I'm in two minds!

Enpoint75 which week is your DS going? Mine is first week. Not long now!

Oops - apologies - I see he's going to summer school so ignore my comment about the summer of labelling (although do still label everything he's taking! )

Quite...My ds managed to lose his bag with most of his kit in it about 2 days in......Thankfully then found it the following day in another dorm. LABEL EVERYTHING !!!!!!!

• Like 2