Elmhurst associates' programme audition

Ellaballerinamum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Twiglet , though she auditioned in Manchester for a place at Birmingham . It's all a bit surreal to be fair she's not bothered by it at all but I have has a few sleepless nights wondering about it all . There might be some more letters next week as another girl we know is still waiting for news too x

She will be at Birmingham and very sorry to hear your bad news my daughter got a no last year so it can always change to a yes, and RBS do mid associates so maybe next year will be her time :) x

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So after a very agonising couple of weeks we have decided to turn down our place at Elmhurst, dd local teacher will not allow her to miss Saturdays and traveling to Birmingham in the morning for Elmhurst back home for local classes and then back to Birmingham for the RBS just seemed like too much to put onto a child of 10 we figured that by just concentrating on one was better than trying to squeeze 2 in and her burning herself out! So hopefully that means a dc on waiting list for y6 Birmingham will be getting a letter soon!! Best of luck to all those that have accepted their place xx

Lema, I'm sure this is the right decision for your DD but I am a little horrified that her teacher wouldn't allow her to miss her Saturday classes - unless these are her only classes? So few children have the amazing opportunity your DD has, I would have hoped that an arrangement could be made so that she could stay in Birmingham for her RBS associate class after the morning Elmhurst associate class.

She also dances one day in the week but teacher said Saturday is their main day so she couldn't really carry on if she missed it as this is when they do their grade work and work on troupes. I was really upset and even offered to do exams in a private lesson but she said it weren't just about the exams, daughter is a good all rounder and she's worried about her not actually getting to do much dancing, what with associates being more technique and excersise etc the phrase don't put all your eggs in one basket springs to mind. But you have to remain loyal to where it all started and it's not as if she would miss out she will still be doing 2 other associates classes so I suppose you can't be greedy, just felt a little wrong to say no to such a great school!

wondering if anyone could help...

my dd is interested in auditioning for Elmhurst Associates but we have missed the Birmingham audition for this year. If she were to audition at another venue and be lucky enough to get a place, how possible is it to transfer to another location? 

Any advice gratefully received...