Standard for lower school auditions

I was just wondering if anyone knew the standard school like elmhurst, royal and Tring are looking for in their lower school auditions. My sister is 13 and thinking of auditioning next year but is worrying she isn't at a high enough standard. She's currently doing grade 5 and inter foundation RAD. If anyone has any insights and/or tips they would be greatly appreciated:)

They will be looking at potential, musicality and physique all in equal measures. It would be great if she is able to demonstrate her abilities during the audition. See if she can attend some good summer schools and any courses, she will then be able to assess herself against other 14 year olds at these summer schools.

• Like 4

Thank you tulip she has done EYB and was able to cope within the senior audition with girl who were up to 18 and feedback from the panel was that she held her own! She's done a few courses with ballet Cymru and is due to take her inter foundation in July:) she just came out with today that she'd like to audition to go for year 10 so I say to go for it you never know until you try:) thank you for your advice I will pass it on and it will give us things to work on when we practice together at home x

Thank you drdance, I'll start work on some advanced foundation with her over the summer so she can work that alongside her intermediate then in September:) thank you for the information