Foam rollers

munchkin16

Just looking at getting a roller for my DD for Christmas, but not sure which is best. I've seen ones with and without bumps and 2-in1 rollers. Does it matter which type? She's 11 if that makes any difference.

Hi,

Don't spend a vast amount - I find the one with various knobbly bits better than not but that's my personal preference. I don't think it really matters.  TKMaxx is pretty good for picking one up under £10, or Tiger stores.

• Like 1

Hi, DD has both (smooth & one with Knobbly bits) - purely because they were bought as gifts when I'd run out of ideas for suggestions!

She definitely prefers the knobbly one - for working out any areas of tension/tightness, but likes the smooth one to relax with - certainly doesn't look that relaxing to me but what do I know!

Tennis balls are also a favourite - to the fury of her brother - and the balls with the knobbly bits on too.

All purchased from TK Maxx and I think the most expensive was about £10 - I find people overlook items in TK Maxx if the box is bashed, I wrap up in tissue and put in a nice gift bag and she's none the wiser! 

• Like 3

Quick Q - can someone describe what these long ones are/look like? DD has used on advice of physio round knobbly plastic balls of various sizes to prevent dropped arches but I am interested to see uses of foam rollers....will search other thread too b ut not very savvy at finding way around computer :)