Bank Details Hacked.

Lisa O`Brien

Oh no. I`ve just found out my online current account details , just like the media have been warning us,have been hacked. I checked my  account,and to my shock it said I only have £2.89 left in my current account. Oh hang on,wait a minute....LOL. [They are welcome to try and hack my account if they like,but I think they would be disappointed with the amount they got their hands on.!]

You can but hope, Lisa!

Did I mention my bank account problems of a couple of years ago? I sent a £14 cheque off to someone for a Christmas event as a late booking, and when I turned up and they said "We haven't received your cheque yet" I just assumed it was delayed in the Christmas post, and thought no more of it. It was the last cheque in the book, and obviously I missed crossing it off later, too. Suddenly, a couple of days before the 6 months was out, it was cashed - in very different writing, different payee, different ink and everything - for £2400.00! I'd written it in what I'd thought was indelible black biro, done the thick black line between the pounds and the pence, all the things you're supposed to do, and from what I can see of the photocopy they must somehow have deleted virtually all my writing apart from the signature! Fortunately, it was my business account rather than my personal one, so it didn't wipe me out, although it made a large hole, but it was really scary. Apparently there's quite a nice sideline in envelopes addressed to places like HMRC getting intercepted and altered, but I was surprised to find it with the treasurer of a local society as well! Fortunately my bank investigated and refunded the money, but I hope they gave the people at Santander who'd passed it a real talking-to!

• Like 1