Late applications for RBS

briarbear

Hi all, I am very new to this forum. We live in Sydney Australia, My DD is doing a competitions in America in August and, her teacher wants her to go to London and Audition for RBS as well.  I have looked at the website and it seems to me that Auditions are over for this year. Does the school do private Auditions and do they ever take students at this late stage in the year, can she go into 1st year even though she is 18 in October? I have been told by a lot of people she is the perfect physique for RBS, but is has always seemed like such an impossible dream that we have never bothered trying.

Thanks

The best thing to do would be if possible for your teachers to make contact with RBS. This way you will get your answers rather than lots of people second guessing what the answers might be.

Edited to add that they do offer to see students privately as my own dd was given that invitation when she arrived home from Russia which sadly she declined. ENBS and Elmhurst will offer the same.

Edited by primrose
  • Like 1

I would also say to call, send an email or write a letter direct as you are more likely to get the current information and it does say on their website that private auditions are granted on some occessions .

Good luck

Edited by Billyelliott

I think our teacher is waiting for someone to get back to her on this... I was more wondering if anyone had heard of this being a possibility. It seems to me that RBS being so exclusive at this late stage surely all the places for 2014 admission would be full?

This is a great forum, I don't know why know one has mentioned it to me before, I have learned so much just in the last 24 hours reading through all manner of posts. :)

• Like 5

They probably have filled all their spaces for 2014, but they will always find a place for someone exceptional!

P.S. Just having a 'perfect physique for RBS' won't be enough to get a place :) but go for it - nothing to lose by trying.

Edited by Ribbons
  • Like 1

I have a friend whose daughter is training in Sydney Australia.

I know at her school pupils ready to audition sort of do the UK audition rounds as a small group which tends to be around Christmas time or January when schools in Oz luckily have their main long school holidays.

Does your daughters teacher know about these schedules etc.

If she is not successful in getting looked at now perhaps get in on next years auditions.

I'm not sure when they have to actually apply though......some time in the Autumn I think and mostly by DVD ......to get invited in the first place. Then I think the Head of the dance school takes them to the various UK schools where they have been invited to audition and so on.

I could find out from my friend but of course the Head of her daughters school has developed her own contacts here over the years.