What's your favourite dance video ?

Hello Kira, and welcome to the Forum!  Thanks for the clip.

This is an excerpt on Youtube of my favourite dance on video.  It's Koen Onzia (prisoner), Matz Skoog and Kevin Richmond in Christopher Bruce's Swansong.  It was created for English National Ballet.  I used to watch this at least once a week!

• Like 9

I'll have to hunt around now for one of mine which is of Beatriz Stix-Brunell in a studio in the states somewhere.

I did have it in favourites but when I updated to IOS 7 lost all my favourites!!

• 5 months later...

I just found this old thread and wanted to add one of my personal favourites -

. Hope it works it's Gene Kelly from Cover Girl - I had no idea that they had the technology in 1944 to create this amazing sequence, but apparently they did. He is supposed to be furious with himself over his girlfriend and the image is his alter ego.
  • Like 2

Thank you, dear Jan! I think they are absolutely amazing. I so wish I could do this or dance like a great ballet dancer but since I can't, I shall just have to admire those than can.????

Edited by Fiz
  • Like 2

I am not sure whether some people would consider this to be dance, but I just have to mention Donald O'Connor's Make 'Em Laugh routine from Singing in the Rain

Oh, and I adore Ann Miller, but cannot decide which clip of her tap dancing is the best. 

• Like 5

A compliment indeed!

I'm also pretty keen on this one of a very young Alessandra Ferri, despite the film maker cutting off her prized feet in many a place! I can't get this to embed, but here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkGMNCfY2io

Can I hug you, Alessandra Ferri is one of my favourite dancers. She's the best giselle in my opinion. 

Astonishing what you can find on YouTube.  For instance look at this:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIiZuAVZH4w.  Amazing clip of Gwen Verdon and Bob Fosse in Damn Yankees.  One of my favourites but eclipsed by this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8oY_7Z_8V8

Wonderful finale to Kiss Me Kate with 6 great dancers but again my favourite is Bob Fosse, this time with Carol Haney.  Don't miss!

Danceislife, that is an amazing clip.  I know nothing of the technical side  - how does Natalia get her dazzling speed; is it some feature of technique or just sheer athleticism?  I saw her dance Kitri with Vasiliev a couple of years ago and was blown away.  She has a huge presence on stage.

My absolute favourite Osipova clip was her dancing the male variation from The Flames of Paris at a Japanese gala. The dancing was breath-taking and the Freddy Mercury style moustache hilarious. Sadly this has been deleted from You Tube.

Now if I need cheering up I go to  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Bs-XCqnoA. It never fails to make me smile.