Summer Intensive Ballet Courses in London

Sim

SUMMER INTENSIVE COURSES AT THE NATALIA KREMEN BALLET SCHOOL, LONDON

28th July – 2nd August 2014

For ages 11-13 and 14-16

The classes will be held at beautiful studios in the heart of London.

Classes: Classical Ballet, Character Dance, Pointe Work, Repertoire, Pilates-stretching class and ballet history.

Our aim is to give the opportunity for young dancers to meet world renowned ballet masters who will share the secrets of the Russian Vaganova style of dance and technique.

The faculty is led by Artistic Director, Natalia Kremen,  ex-dancer with English National Ballet and trained at the Bolshoi and Lavrovsky Academies by some of the greatest ballet stars of the Mariinsky and Bolshoi Theaters - Mikhail Lavrovsky, Nina Sorokina, Nina Kondratieva and many others.

Natalia's classmates are prima ballerinas of today, including Ekaterina Krisanova ( Bolshoi Ballet), Polina Semionova (American Ballet Theater ), Liudmila Konovalova (Vienna State Opera) and Maria Kochetkova ( San Francisco Ballet) .

World-renowned ballet stars and teachers will be sharing their experience with our young dancers.

Scholarships available.

There are two types of audition:  by photo or video (for those who apply for scholarships).

For more information about fees, scholarships, requirements, audition and registration process please visit www.nkballetschool.com  or email:   info@nkballetschool.com

• Like 1

Hi Stardancer. The emphasis is on the Vaganova method, but I suggest you email Natalia Kremen and ask her any questions you may have about course content and she will give you details.

• 2 weeks later...

I got sent the further details and it looks like it will be very interesting..I realised though I cant keep spending money on ballet which is becoming a bottomless pit! Be interesting to hear how it goes so please do report back.

• Like 2

Hi Stardancer, my daughter is 14. Didn't realise course was until 6/7pm and we have a 1.5 hr journey home. She is also at Elmhurst summer school the week after so don't know if it'll be too much? Think she wants to go though. How old is your daughter? Well done to her too!

Hi bunhead99

It made me laugh your post ,as my dd is 15 and also going to elmhurst the following week ,so I guess your dd and mine will be in the same class for the two weeks,it would be lovely if they got to no each other.

I will have to stay in london that week ,as it is to far to go back,I can see for you it will be very late to travel back .will your dd be boarding at elmhurst ,my dd will be ,and looking forword to it.

A week without my dd it will be peaceful to peaceful

• 2 months later...

Just back from this.I'm completely ballet ignorant so it was my dd who picked this and she was very impressed and i was very grateful to the staff for their support.She is strongly considering going to a ballet school at 16, any suggestions as to where would use similar technique ?.

It's my understanding that several vocational schools use syllabi based in varying degrees on the Vaganova style. Your dd's teacher(s) should be able to give you an idea of which schools your dd could apply for. One to investigate may be London Russian Ballet School if that would be a possibility, location-wise.

Thanks,having spent just a while on here i realise how completely behind we are as parents(i'm the dad) and have not really been keen to listen to her wishes to go abroad or reasons for it,bit of catching up to do

Edited by Dr.f
  • Like 2

Hi my dd also went here last week and was sad to leave, what fantastic training, friendly teaching and parents and children beautiful.

The studios they had for the week on the Thames was outstanding,even though I did get lost on the first day.

I would move down there for that training outstanding.

Absolutely agree with Stardanser and Dr.f and their ballet children. That was a wonderful week. It was a very intensive 'Intensive' course. The students had to work really hard. Perhaps, some of the children who joined this course for the week have never even done that amount of work in a day/ in a week time. However, coming to the final demonstration class on Saturday, 2 August, we could see how much had been done and what had been achieved. The wonderful Lyudmila Konovalova, prima-ballerina from Vienna Opera, taught the younger group; Alexander Muntagirov, former principal dancer, professor, a man of such great knowledge and experience, taught the older age group; Natasha Nemytkina led character dance lessons; Kirill Burlov, sessions on contemporary dance; Simonetta lectured on the history of ballet. Along with Natalia Kremen, the principal of the school, they all deserve the highest praise, as does the administrator of the school, Karen. All worked so hard to make this week special. The students were so lucky to have a special visitor during the course week. Vadim Muntagirov was there to watch a ballet class and the final presentation. I am sure all the students learnt something new this week, perhaps learnt more about themselves, how to improve their technique, how to persevere and grow in confidence in ballet, having been encouraged by such amazing teachers.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Great news! The dates have been confirmed for Natalia Kremen Ballet School Summer Intensive 2015. The summer course will run from 20th to 26th July 2015. It will be another great opportunity to learn from Natalia and other excellent teachers.

• Like 2