Going back to ballet.

Fiz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if there's enough space, doing your ballet exercises in the pool can be very good for you - buoyancy, water resistance and all that. Sorry, it's a bit late for you now, but I thought I'd mention it for future reference.

• Like 2

I'm off to a proper Zumba class for the first time tonight (done a Rosemary Conley club version of Zumba which is a bit tamer, and then did a two hour "Zumbathon" for charity last week which has spurred me on to do it properly. Wish me luck......

Have fun tonight Fiz

• Like 1

Well done Fiz. Until the builders have gone am off the Wii fit!! Can't have them laughing at me!! Non-DD has compiled some pilates from you tube for me to have a got at. Hurry up and finish tiling my kitchen so I can have a go!

• Like 2

I'm not the least bit stiff, thank you, thank you, Taxi. I pimped the site out yesterday evening because some of the others were saying that their DD's wanted to go to summer school and they were too late to book. I said that this site always let us know when things like that were coming up and how useful it is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh no! There is no more dance until 12th September! I will die! Oh well, I will practice and and go swimming.And attack nettles! Two of us are also in line to go on pointe next year as well, which is lovely! Watch this space!

I can't do Pineapple. Danceworks is a possibility, but their ballet is not all that, I've been told. it is a bit unfair to to my husband to ask him to take me there and sit and around while I dance (I sold my car in the autumn) but it is certainly worth looking into. Thanks, Porthesia.

There is a really, really nice coffee/tea shop called Allens at 75 Duke Street, Mayfair, London W1K 5PA not far from Danceworks for your husband :) . My DD attended their Russian Ballet class and thought it was a good class. Will probably go again next week as it's situated well for the shops - I don't find much to do when she does Pineapple.

• Like 1

I got crossed wires, Porthesia and it was a Cambridge school with a similar name I was thinking of. I rang them and the girl was so off hand if not downright rude that given the two hours there and back drive, increased lesson cost, petrol costs and the inconvenience to my husband, I am going to practice at home!