Reserve associate (York Ballet Scholars)

Balletmum77

Hi, this is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right! My daughter found out today that she has been placed on the reserve list for York ballet scholars. She is quite upset that she didn't get a place and I wondered if anyone else has been in this position and was subsequently given a place at a later date? Would like to think she still has a chance! Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum :-)

Sorry about her disappointment and I can't help with your actual question, but remember there'll be plenty of other opportunities in the future.

How old is your daughter?

Krishell, I think this is a different thing, this is the yorkshire ballet scholarship centre where lessons take place every Saturday, those that get a place get a scholarship, although there is an admin fee to pay for everyone. Do you mean the summer school?

Hi my dd is on the reserve list too, she is 11, she was on the reserve list 2 years ago too but never heard anything else. She got a no last year so at least she is happier this year with being a reserve. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, this is my first post ☺

My 10 year old daughter is also on the reserve list (it appears to be quite a long list ????), I'm so proud, it was her first audition and she knows she made a few mistakes, I think nerves got the better of her, but great experience.

Does anyone know the timeframe? I'm guessing the first choice candidates have a date whereby they need to complete registration and then the reservist will be offered shorty after. My girl is still hoping for place but would really like to know either way.

Fingers crossed she gets in and good luck to everyone. Xx

Hi Shygirlsmum, from what I understand those who were offered places had to complete and pay before half term so I guess they know who has accepted by now?

Well done to her for getting on the reserve list on her first audition.  :)

• Like 1

A few years ago my dd auditioned for a number of associate schemes and also for a CAT place.  She was offered a place at York scholars that she initially accepted and I paid the deposit for.  However when she was also successful for the CAT scheme it was impossible for her to do both so she then had to regretfully decline the place at York scholars.  I seem to remember that the final payment wasn't due until mid July so it was only the deposit I lost.

You never know there may be some movement on the reserve list before September.

Good luck everyone :)

• Like 2

Thank you Born to Dance for this information, i see that balletmum77 has a 9 year old, my daughter is 10 and dd's friend also a reservist 10 too. So fingers crossed that we have news soon. I know of an older girl turning down a place in the next age group so Boogalou i have my fingers crossed for you xx

Hi shygirlsmum

I have just checked ,the full amount is due July 1st so there is still time as kitschqueen - 1 said there are children who are still auditioning at other places till then and might change there mind,

Boogalou ,fingers crossed for your lovely dd to.xxx

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...