Olivier Awards 2012

Just to note (courtesy of The Guardian in Today's Links) the dance-related awards at the Oliviers, which took place at the Royal Opera House yesterday:

Outstanding achievement in dance

Edward Watson for his performance in The Metamorphosis at the Linbury Studio at the Royal Opera House

Best new dance production

Desh by Akram Khan Company at Sadler's Wells, choreographed by Akram Khan

Both very well merited, in my opinion.

There was no mention of the special award for Dame Monica Mason.

Many congratulations to Edward Watson, and also to Dame Monica Mason. Unfortunately the transmission cut off just as Edward came up on stage to receive his Olivier award, and after he had said "Thank you very much". Did anyone else see the whole speech in its entirety?

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole show, and am hoping that next year it will be a regular transmission, and not only on the BBC Red Button. I particularly enjoyed seeing the excerpt from Singin' in the Rain starring Adam Cooper. What a surreal moment for him to be performing again on the ROH stage! I hope he enjoyed it!

(edited to add a sentence.) I believe the highlights are on the red button again from 6pm this evening.

Edited by Fiona

Many congratulations to Edward Watson, and also to Dame Monica Mason. Unfortunately the transmission cut off just as Edward came up on stage to receive his Olivier award, and after he had said "Thank you very much". Did anyone else see the whole speech in its entirety?

It's possible to listen to the awards on iPlayer (as they were broadcast on BBC Radio 2). Ed kept the speech short and sweet thanking the rest of the cast, ROH2, Royal Ballet and Arthur Pita (if I recall correctly!).

I was just retuning all the digi-whatsits in preparation for the changeover tomorrow, and discovered that the Oliviers are currently showing on Channel 301, aka the Red Button. I think they're going on until about 6 am tomorrow, which presumably means they're going to get one full repeat at least. If the timings on Listen Again are right, I think I may well just have missed all the dance stuff.

They're (highlights) still showing on the red button overnight. The Desh/Watson awards are on just about an hour in, but blink and you'll miss them. I forgot the special one for Monica Mason, so will have to go back and watch again at some stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to note (courtesy of The Guardian in Today's Links) the dance-related awards at the Oliviers, which took place at the Royal Opera House yesterday:

Outstanding achievement in dance

Edward Watson for his performance in The Metamorphosis at the Linbury Studio at the Royal Opera House

Best new dance production

Desh by Akram Khan Company at Sadler's Wells, choreographed by Akram Khan

Both very well merited, in my opinion.

Just found a video of both of these awards on youtube:

Nice to get to see Edward Watson making his speech after it was cut off when I was watching it on TV!

And here's Monica Mason's speech too:

Sorry - didn't realise the videos would come up so big! Is there a way to change that?

Edited by Laura