Ballet Classes in Belfast

munchkin16

I finally got an offer for university next year in Belfast, but I want to check before I accept my offer that I will still be able to do ballet there. I have checked the university societies and they have a dance society but it seems very commercial dance based by the fact they have an 'elite team' whatever that is! 

I was wondering if anyone knew any good places for a 19 year old student in Belfast to take ballet at any level but preferably grade 6 upwards or an adult class. I study Cecchetti ballet at the moment and would prefer this or a russian style but am willing to do RAD if necessary. Just doing my research before I go onto choosing accomodation ect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hello.From what I can gather,the vast majority are RAD qualified. Ballet is not as popular here as it is in England,so there are less teachers around.I looked on Yell.com and found a few schools. There is one,Rana`a School of Ballet,in Lough Derg Park,Belfast [no idea where that is] and it states she has a Russian Ballet background. But whether she actually teaches that or not is a different matter. Most seem to be RAD. But Yell.com will give you details, and contact information on them all. Good luck!

I finally got an offer for university next year in Belfast, but I want to check before I accept my offer that I will still be able to do ballet there. I have checked the university societies and they have a dance society but it seems very commercial dance based by the fact they have an 'elite team' whatever that is! 

I was wondering if anyone knew any good places for a 19 year old student in Belfast to take ballet at any level but preferably grade 6 upwards or an adult class. I study Cecchetti ballet at the moment and would prefer this or a russian style but am willing to do RAD if necessary. Just doing my research before I go onto choosing accomodation ect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help :)

munchikin16, I can't help with your query, but just wanted to say, congratulations!  I am sure there are some good classes in Dublin. :)

• Like 1