Quiet pointe shoes?!

swanprincess

Hi all

Does anyone know how to make pointe shoes quieter? I have a new pair of Capezio Glisses, and although they have a lovely supportive box and wings, they are very noisy, even echappes and pique turns make a thudding sound! Is there any way I can quieten them without softening the box too much?! Thanks :) x

• 5 weeks later...

Hope its ok to revive this thread?

DD will be dancing en pointe at festivals from September. Having watched a few ballet classes at a recent festival, there was a wide variety of noise levels in the pointe shoes worn. Can anyone recommend any shoes that are known to be quiet?

DD wears Bloch Serene at the moment for class and they are rather noisy, so we are now not only on the quest for longer lasting shoes, but also quiet.

I read on another thread that certain Grishkos are quiet, but DD isn't a fan of Grishko.

Edited by Loulabelle

My DD wears Gaynor Mindens and they are certainly very quiet.I think there is more to it that just the type of shoe though. I've heard some girls make more noise in GMs than others in traditional shoes, so there must be other factors involved - I don't know what they are though sorry!

Darning seems to make dd's Freeds quieter. For Freed soft blocks, steaming really helps to deaden the noise, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend steaming new pointe shoes in case it softens them too much.

for festivals it really does depend on the stage your on, where the speakers are and how loud your music is - for example at my last festival the music was loud and the stage was sprung so you could barely hear my landings but the one before the music was very quiet and the speakers were further away and it was a wood floor so much louder. also in festivals with theatres the audience are much further away behind the adjudicator but sometimes they can be right up in the front row in school halls etc.

i know this isnt specifically answering your question but i thought id share :) xx