Romeo and Juliet running time

Venturing out from my normal lair of Doing Dance, so do move if I've come to the wrong place. My fiance has got tickets for ENB's Romeo and Juliet in the round for my birthday on (18th June performance), but I don't think he realises how long it will be and I'm worried we will miss the last train back (we live in York and the last train is I think at 22.00 from King's Cross). I'm assuming with interval it will be more than 2 1/2 hours though. Does anyone know the running time?

Many thanks!

I saw this at the RAH some years ago and I think it came in at around 2hrs 40.  I don't think is is feasible to get back to Kings Cross for a 10pm train.  Sorry.  But you could make the most of it and stay overnight!

I've just found this Travelodge, not hugely convenient for RAH but cheap!

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/48/London-Kew-Bridge-hotel

• Like 1

Venturing out from my normal lair of Doing Dance, so do move if I've come to the wrong place. My fiance has got tickets for ENB's Romeo and Juliet in the round for my birthday on (18th June performance), but I don't think he realises how long it will be and I'm worried we will miss the last train back (we live in York and the last train is I think at 22.00 from King's Cross). I'm assuming with interval it will be more than 2 1/2 hours though. Does anyone know the running time?

Many thanks!

We stayed in a Premier Inn in Kensington at a very reasonable price, look it up on Tripadvisor, much more relaxing than dashing to the station.

• Like 2

I'd say 3 hours for your average R&J.

Incidentally, does anyone know how long the Scottish Ballet/Pastor one is?  Does it use all the standard music?

Hi Alison, 

Details of the Scottish Ballet production here:

http://www.scottishballet.co.uk/romeo-juliet/romeo-a-juliet.html

Halfway down it says running time '2 hours with one 20 minute interval'. I'm looking forward to the matinee at Sadlers on 17 May!

Edited by nottsballetlover

Hello Fullcontretemps. I don't think there is any way you can get to KX from RAH on time. But, if you have a car and could drive to Doncaster or Leeds, there is a final train at 11.30pm, gets to Doncaster 1.24 am, Leeds 2.36 am. I did it some years back. Quite tiring! Otherwise book a hotel and cheap train tickets through Superbreak,(often better to ring than the website: 01904 717351) the Tavistock is quite cheap and just 8 mins walk from KX. (If you quote the code MASTE you'll get a further 15% off, including off the cheap train fares)

• Like 2

Halfway down it says running time '2 hours with one 20 minute interval'. I'm looking forward to the matinee at Sadlers on 17 May!

Thanks, NBL: I had a feeling it was a cut-down version.  Just as well, because I hate trying to get home from Sadler's after long performances - so relieved I missed the last Pina Bausch, in retrospect, because I'd have had to leave before the end.

The Mariinsky R and J to be shown at the ROH runs for 3 hours 30 minutes according to their website.

Really?  I didn't think there was that much music available!  I don't remember it lasting that long last time, either, but I could be wrong.

I've had more stays in budget hotels than I care to remember so I would recommend Premier Inns over Travelodge every time.  I've become such a regular at the Premier near my parents that they even save me my favourite room each time.  Lovely service and very reliable whereas TripAdvisor is full of stories of dodgy plumbing and awful service at their rivals. 

Remember that the tube/DLR runs quite late so you can look a little further away from the centre and get more competitive room rates that way.  The City, East London and Docklands are much cheaper areas than West and Central London.  But book early as it's a bit like a budget airline and the cheaper rooms disappear nearer to the date.

Good luck.

Linda

• Like 1