You've died and gone to He.....

Anjuli_Bai

The bad news is you've died.

The good news is you've made it into Heaven.

You've got your halo.

So, now what?

Wait!  There's more good news!  

There's no such thing as illness, injury or error.

You get a choice of visiting various foyers and being dance oriented you can spend a heavenly day in the Foyer de la Danse!

And dance perfectly.

But only once.

What ballet would you dance?

I (just for fun) asked my adult students this and one bright lady answered:

"I would dance Juliet, so I could dance with Baryshnikov in my nightie."

• Like 9

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most definitely Swan Lake, it'd be worth spending eternity in heaven if I could dance Odette!!! <3

(Although you probably guessed that from my username :D )

Edited to add last sentence

Edited by swanprincess
  • Like 4

I think it has to be Fille for me I love the mime in it too though not sure about the ribbon prop!! I love more dramatic roles but my personality suits lighter works. When dancing as an amateur I often got a comedy type role so perhaps the fool in Fille as well as Lise!!!

Though I love Giselle as well and the contrast of dancing in the two acts!

• Like 2

Come to think of it I'd love to do the final bit of Fille where the fool(farmers son) creeps back on to retrieve his umbrella....would relish that.

Also Carabosse in Beauty could be fun to do!!

• Like 1

Baryshnikov is indeed still with us - I am happy to report.

However, it's your dream for heaven so you can have any partner you like.

(And - I did notice that some of you are "cheating" by putting in more than one role)  Remember, this is Heaven - and if you don't stick to the rules - you might get transported out......

On the other hand - since it is Heaven - maybe you get to make your own rules?

But wouldn't that be he**?

• Like 2

Actually, given that we are in heaven, I could have a body of a man ,too, couldn't I.

So male version of my wish list will be - La Corsaire, both Conrad and Ali, with (young) Alicia Alonso.

I've been thinking about this all evening and I've decided - I'm not interested in actually doing the dancing - I want to look down from heaven and watch my son playing Romeo!

• Like 13

Giselle for me - act 2 gets me everytime or Fille but I think I'm with Julie on this one and I think I would like even better to see my DD in these roles.  I've already seen her as Lise (Lies) in a school production but would love to see her on a professional stage.

• Like 1

As for me.....

I would dance Odette.  I love the music, expecially the violin solo.  I love the costume.  I love the arms.  

Now with whom would I dance the pas de deux?

Well, why not the man in my life?  This is heaven afterall in such a milieu he would dance wonderfully.

But - the caveat is - it would have to be the version of Swan Lake with a happy ending.  

• Like 2

If it is for a day, and this is heaven, I'd like to do a matinee of Symphonic Variations; Fonteyn's role with Bonelli McRae Polunin Cuthbertson and Nunez and The Dream - Titania with McRae in a Triple bill, and then evening Manon with Bonelli!

If it is for a day, and this is heaven, I'd like to do a matinee of Symphonic Variations; Fonteyn's role with Bonelli McRae Polunin Cuthbertson and Nunez and The Dream - Titania with McRae in a Triple bill, and then evening Manon with Bonelli!

Ah - that is clever!  You've morphed "only once" and the singular of "What ballet would you dance?" into an entire day with "ballet" becoming "ballets.".  

However, since I did write "heavenly day"  in the description of the visit to the Foyer de la Danse - you were quick to pick up on that phrase and thus change the contract.

Now what to do?   Well, I'll have to take it up with the Board of Angels.  

Well, on second thought - if I appear before them they might realize they've made an error and I don't belong there at all and give me a quick trip to that other place   I don't do well in hot places.

• Like 3

Giselle Act 1 with Nureyev, The Winter's Tale Act 2 with Eric Underwood (I'm assuming he will be good in the role of my prince!) and Romeo and Juliet Act 3 with Sergei Polunin. One ballet of three different acts, am I allowed that?!

Costumes would hide more of my legs and I like the dramatic roles! Although I'm assuming heaven also grants perfect technique and flexibility or The Winter's Tale is out!

• Like 3

Oh good, I mean doing a pas de deux would be incredible anyway but flexibility is a plus! Much better thank you, wearing heels for my interview didn't help it but I've rested it and done pirouettes in the kitchen so I think it's mended :)

• Like 2