Can you buy whole grains easily

pastel

Hi folks,

I know this may be a strange question, but is it easy to buy whole grains? We are moving to the UK in July (!!) and can only bring a very few items from home. We have a grain mill which we use several times a day to grind wheat, rice etc to make bread and other baked goods. I'm currently part of an organic food co-op and we buy our grain in bulk from a relatively close mill. 

Is it easy to buy such things from the local health food store or farmer's market?

I really want to ship the grain mill over, but thought if it I can't get the grains it won't be worth it.

Thanks in advance :)

Wow, that's an interesting question, pastel - and I've no idea what the answer is.  It might well depend on whereabouts you're moving to, and what the shops are like around your area.

• Like 1

Actually, while we are on the subject of bread flour, didn't David Cameron say he bought flour from a "local" mill for his bread?

Just scratching my head to think of a mill local to London!  Unless he meant his own constituency, of course. 

Infinity Foods based in Brighton a brilliant whole foods co-operative and shop have an online service too......and would certainly sell whole grains etc.

I cannot imagine that somewhere a bit closer though....in the Birmingham area will not be able to provide these for you ......I'd start getting your Mill packed up!!!!

I have friends who live in Groby near Leicester must check how close to Hinckley this is. They will almost certainly know of places around their area. :)

• Like 1

I look forward to meeting him and watching him dance :)

This is so amazing, moving to the other side of the world and 'knowing' people. We lived in London for a year when we were first married - no internet back then. I remember arriving in a city with the population of the entire continent of Australia, and I didn't know a soul. Its very different this time :)

• Like 2