New RBS Director

Yes, I saw that - and that the writer's name and address were withheld at his/her request, a fact that strikes me - a simple soul - as a little odd when such demands are made "as a matter of public information."  However, putting that aside, I have no idea what the answers might be but, if questions be needed, now seems just a little late to be enquiring.  An announcement was made in July of last year outlining the arrangements put in place to replace Miss Stock, who was due to retire in August this year:

http://dancetabs.com/2013/07/press-release-new-artistic-director-of-the-royal-ballet-school-announced/

• Like 1

How insensitive , though I guess it went to press before the sad news.

But apart from the parents of children currently at the school, whose business is it anyway how they choose to advertise.

I mean its hardly as if they are going to find a suitable candidate from a classified in Times Ef?

I would have thought at this level it was more likely to be someone who was headhunter/known within the organisation already.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight

I have just seen a letter in the Dancing Times ,re.the appointment of the RBS new Director asking to know when and where the post was advertised as well as how many applicants there were !!!

I wonder if it was by the same person who asked similar questions about certain Artistic Directorships?

I thought that jobs had to be advertised these days, leading to people going to interviews where they stand no chance whatsoever because the person to fill the vacancy has already been chosen!

Seriously though, however this job was filled the announcement was made months ago so the timing of the letter seems very odd.

• Like 2

I wonder if it was by the same person who asked similar questions about certain Artistic Directorships?

I found out who wrote that earlier letter to Dancing Times regarding the 'certain artistic directorship'. but I'm 99% certain he didn't write this latest one.