HELP NEEDED!

Danseur96

There is a blog run by a male dancer - www.davetriesballet.com  - who (I think) also posts on this forum from time to time.

Also, have you applied for any summer schools? even if the closing date has passed, it might be worth contacting the schools to see if they can squeeze a young man in!

• Like 2

London Russian have a few older boys also one who started late I think about 16. If you ring them you could probably do class Evegny is the main teacher from Bolshoi like Primose said look at website. The boy on the photo regarding their next show is the one that started late! He is an amazing dancer . Good luck with your decisions

Hi,

Don't wait for Ballet West call them.

Tell them you emailed and was waiting for a reply.They don't bite!

Their internet goes down a lot because of where they are!

Edited by Spax

Thank you all for your wonderful replies, they have been most helpful!

As it happens I was contacted by The School of Ballet Theatre UK this morning and was offered a place on the 3 year course with a scholarship (50% reduction on fees)! Absolutely over the moon.

I am still in the process of applying for The London School of Russian Ballet and Ballet West. And am still on the reserve list for Central. 

Does anyone have any opinions on the 3 schools in question? I.E. Which offers the best training etc etc.

Again, thank you all so much for your help. I would be lost without you!  :)

Danseur96

• Like 7

My first choice would be Central followed by LRBS and then Ballet West. To me Central is up there with the other classical ballet schools.

Yes I agree. They seem to go from strength to strength each year. 

Thank you

Central has a very good graduate success list on their website. Look at CURRENT success achievements on gaining jobs, this will give you a good understanding of how good a schools training is. Good luck with your choices and may I wish you every success on your long journey.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your offer from Ballet Theatre UK.  As a new school there are obviously no graduates to look at but all schools must start somewhere.  If you look at what their company has achieved in a relatively short period of time, it perhaps indicates what they can achieve and I am sure all members of staff will be fully committed to making the school a success - success being measured in terms of reputation for producing excellent dancers.  Sometimes being in the first year of a new venture can be good.

Out of the other schools you mention, I would agree with the first choice of Central.

• Like 1

Well the worry hopefully for you has eased a bit as you now have your offer from Ballet Theatre UK.

I too would personally go Central if the offer does come but otherwise at least you have a full time place for September.

Well done!!!

Guest dancer2027

Congratulations on your btuk offer, do let me know if you are heading there this sept we might cross paths!

I would take central if it came just because they have a lot of graduate success to their name. Also rambert are still auditioning, I heard of someone being offered an open class audition with their first year men, I'm sure if you got in touch they would let you

Good luck x

• Like 1

Good luck for your future Danseur ! I had a male friend who took his first dance class at 19, he was dragged along to a class by his uni friends though having done some gymnastics as a young child no other dance experience. He was hooked, dropped out of his degree and danced and danced. Luckily a top teacher in his area spotted his potential, passion and determination and took him under his wing. He had an amazing career dancing with a top classical company and making it into his dream contemporary company a top UK one. His teacher always told him concentrate on your classical first for your technique and strength the rest will follow at the right time.

• Like 5

We recently went for a few days to LRBS and were extremely impressed. There is lot of building work going on at present but from what we could see the facilities are going to be wonderful. The staff were extremely helpful and the pupils very friendly. The standard from what I saw was extremely high and there was a good range of ages.

• Like 1