Tring CBA Assessments

Lilac

Apologies if this has been covered in a previous thread! My DD is just entering her third term at CBA and we have as assessment looming on 11th may. DD is wanting to know more about this, so would be very interested to hear anyone's experiences. Is it largely a question of deciding who to move up? Are any DCs exited, and if so does anyone know on what grounds. Thanks.

Last year an outside assessor came in and watched the classes. The class as a whole received some feedback from him afterwards. We then received a letter in the post with a chart of scores against various categories one was flexibility another I think was musicality and things like adage and allegro. can't lay my hands on DD's score sheet at the moment so not sure of all the categories but there were 10. At the bottom of the score sheet it said what group DD would be in next term (Sept onwards).

From what DD has said it was a normal class with the assessor observing them all and taking notes, but I think they all had numbers pinned on their leotards. DD is not nervous or particularly excited, she doesn't expect to move up this year as she is still the youngest in her group. It really isn't anything to worry about, they don't assess out very often.

Good luck for your dd Lilac and sorry to hear about the worst case scenario, I hope she is ok. I have heard of another dancer who has had problems with her associate assessment and I now recognise how hard it can be.

• 3 weeks later...

Ours arrived today. I am sure the post is just delayed so don't worry. Dd has moved up to group 3 and is delighted .I did want to ask is there only one opportunity to move classes during the year? Or do they move students up at other times too? Hopefully letter will arrive tomorrow.

Letter came and with good news of a move to next class. This came with a score of 75. Does anyone know as it's DD's first year there, what age does the CBA go up to, is it 16 or 18? Been a bit worrying as she lost her place at Central associates, so really pleased about this.

• Like 6

Letter came and with good news of a move to next class. This came with a score of 75. Does anyone know as it's DD's first year there, what age does the CBA go up to, is it 16 or 18? Been a bit worrying as she lost her place at Central associates, so really pleased about this.

Hi Lilac, my daughter is 16 (year 11) - her letter came offering a place for next year so it must go to 18.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh no, is it this Sunday, I have it in my calendar as the following week :-( we have plans this Sunday. Is it definitely the 29th???

I've found an email advising of the change - it came from Nicola Denton on 9 April. I think the timetable changed for us last term as group 5&6 were combined which is where I thought every last session changed! Thanks everyone for your help.