Too poor to dance!

kiwimum

Feeling bleak 2 nite. DD offered place with DaDa at ENBS but, with all the other dancers in the family, don't know if we can help her follow her dream. Who would have 4 funded kids!!!! But we still face the same £33,000 ceiling for help. Arghhhh!!!!!

My heart goes out to you Kiwimum! So hard to find the tuition top up and accommodation costs on a DADA award. At least on a degree course the student loans are available.

Hope you are able to sort something out & congrats to your DD.

Thank you...am trying to organise a concert with dancing, singing etc.

I have set up a facebook page to raise awareness of our plight. It would

Making a Dream Come True for Lowri. Let's see how far we can get the message. You are in US Anjuli aren't you? That's pretty far.

Please have a look and the page and if you can, like and share it.

• Like 4

So sorry,Kiwimum.I strongly believe in fate; so if something is meant to happen, IT will find a way. I know that`s no use to you at all right now, and probably think what a load of waffle. But i DO believe that if something is meant to be, it will be. Take care.

• Like 4

Fate often needs a helping hand and I think we have to work hard to achieve what we want.... Well done for trying your utmost to give your DD a great opportunity.... Wishing you all the best, I have shared the page and some of my FB friends have too one is in France... My thoughts are with you and I wish you all the luck in the world.... :)

• Like 2

Thank you...am trying to organise a concert with dancing, singing etc.

I have set up a facebook page to raise awareness of our plight. It would

Making a Dream Come True for Lowri. Let's see how far we can get the message. You are in US Anjuli aren't you? That's pretty far.

Please have a look and the page and if you can, like and share it.

Not only am I in the USA - but in San Diego - the extreme sw - my house is ten miles from the Pacific - Very far away!

• Like 1

Kiwi mum we too were in a similar position last yr both my girls at vocational schools on MDS realistically we knew that in order for my eldest to continue she had to gain a place at an institution which offered funding via student finance releasing tuition and maintenance funds. The main schools being Central, Rambert and Ballet West. She fortunately gained that place and is studying for a BA in classical ballet

• Like 1

I was just wondering, if your dd boarded with other ENBS students at the accomodation that ENBS offer, would she not be entitled to a maintenace grant. I remember when my dd was offered a dada, it mentioned that for families on low incomes (I am not suggesting this is the case for you) you could apply for these grants. I know its really scarey when your children leave home to live in the big city, but the students seem to have a lot of support from the school. I know at least three other students who your dd knows who have also gained places at London ballet schools and will all be looking for student accomodation. Fingers crossed that your dd can realise her dream and from someone who knows how hard it is to get sponsorship well done for your efforts so far.

• Like 1

Yes we do earn a bit more than the threshold...but it is having 4 doing it at the same time ....especially as MDS is assessed on how much you can afford ...and quite rightly so..we should contribute. The problem is that they do not take account of DaDa outgoings so to have 2 MDS and 2 Dadas ( not the fees but the living expenses) is beyond an average family. I guess we weren't meant to be greedy and have 4 at once.