Hammond reserve list

kcoom75

I'm guessing there may be a few who were waiting Central etc results which are only just out. Also most of the more musical theatre type courses (Bird, Laines etc) haven't necessarily handed out their DaDas yet. I know of done who have offers at all three but need to know about funding at The others.

Term ended at Hammond last weekend although the admin staff are still in this week do there is time yet.

They told me their deadline was 8th April so I was hoping to hear soon after that but I suppose people could be holding places until they find out results from elsewhere.........I never was any good at waiting :(

I'm not sure how much it is as we've only had a letter saying we are on a reserve list, but if it is only £60 it would probably be worth paying 'just in case' ....but I heard there were 38 on the waiting list and without knowing where we are on the list it is a bit worrying.

Is that waiting list for funding or for an actual place?

The other thing to consider. & maybe give you hope is that there may be students who have been offered a DaDa but when they look at the figures may find that their parents earn too much (over £70k) so arnt entitied to the award. That DaDa would then I guess be offered to the next person on the list.

I'm not entirely sure of all the ins & outs of DaDas however (dd is a long way off) but there are threads on them on here.

As far as I am aware there is no deposit required for a 6th form place and I know its horrible waiting but it is still early days in terms of DADA waiting lists and bursary offers.  There are definitely still people out there with multiple offers or maybe only Hammond DADA who have not yet heard from other places and so do not yet know where they are going to go.  Don't forget that Hammond first year is a common year for both dance and musical theatre students and so applicants who are interested more for the musical theatre side will also no doubt have applied for Laines, Millenium, Bird etc and many of the MT colleges do not award DADAs until end April or even early May. We certainly did not hear until May.  Re the bursary - I think they wait until DADAs are settled before looking at giving bursary offers.  Hang on in there and good luck for a happy outcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dd was offered DaDA at Hammond last week. She was high on reserve list. Accepted it on the phone but just sent back written acceptance. Don't give up hope yet though kcoom75, people can change their minds and not all offers from other institutes are out yet so even though some have accepted they could change their minds. Are the able to discuss bursary help with you now?

• Like 3

Don't give up hope yet kcoom.  Just because people have accepted their DADAs does not necessarily mean they have made a final decision.  Some may still be waiting to hear from their preferred place but have accepted in the meantime because of the deadline set.  And we definitely know of one person who is still undecided as they need more information on accommodation costs and what their DADA covers.  Should point out, as it probably says in your letter, that bursary information is confidential so on an open forum be careful what you say.

• Like 1