Re-starting ballet.

Eladia

Hello,

I will be 16 next month, so I am currently in year 11 at school and about to do my GCSES. When I was about 5 I started doing ballet and Tap. In year 7 (so when i was 11) I stopped doing ballet and I have really regretted it, I still do tap and I absolutely love it, I will hopefully be doing my exam to go into intermediate in the next couple of months. Next year, I will be going to post 16 to study some academic subjects, I would really like to re-start ballet at the same time as starting a new school. I know I would have to join a group of people who are younger than me and I would hopefully be able to carry on at Annette Adams, where I have been going for the past 10 years. My question is after 5 years of not doing Ballet, would I cope with it, when I am older I would really like to either teach or perform Dancing, any advice?

Thanks. xx

Edited by Eladia

I say go for it! Its never to late to start again. I took a break from ballet for a few years, went back to it and ended up going to performing arts college, so if you have ability it doesnt go away , you just have to work that bit harder to catch up.

good luck!

Dramascientist

• Like 1

Perhaps you could think about taking a few classes between now and the summer holidays? It might also be helpful if you can find contemporary classes or may be pilates for dancers classes too.

The biggest difference between tap and ballet is probably turnout, so that might be something you will need to work on over the coming months. If you find a good teacher now, he/she would be able to give advice there.

• Like 1