Changes to BT Mail - Problems?

Ian Macmillan

Folk with a BT Yahoo! mail address have been warned for months that a change to just 'BT Mail' would be coming and, indeed, when the appearance in a browser changed a few weeks back I naively thought that was all there was to it.  Not so.  My turn came at the end of last week, and it has rather spoiled the weekend.

Where I think I am now is that I've established 'new' BT IDs for my account and my wife's, such that they now work in my normal browser.  However, I also use Mac Mail and that has not gone well - I appear to be able to receive but not Send from there using the BT address.  And the same goes for our iPhones and iPads, all this despite following the instructions given for the transition.  And I have to say that the new system's performance in the browser is cumbersome and desperately slow.  There must be others out there who have gone through this, so how have you found it?

I have to say that the acquisition of a new email address - gmail or some such - cannot be too far away now!

Not sure about the latter, Ian: Hotmail changed to Outlook months ago.  I think there'd be a riot if they tried to force us to change email addresses - I've had my Hotmail one for about 17 years now.

I'll keep my eyes open for anything on my professional mailing-lists: I know various people who have been on BT, but I haven't been following the story in any detail.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And all of a sudden I cannot access emails as the new system arrived unannounced yesterday.  New BT ids is the task for this weekend and then apologies to the people I was supposed to email this week but I cannot even read existing emails let alone send or receive anything at the moment.