Query - Change to tax status on donations?

IIRC, the proposal is that personal tax relief would only be available on gift aid donations up to the lesser of quarter of taxable earnings and £50,000. The tax relief which is passed on to the charity would not be affected, but the suggestion is that high wealth individuals will stop donating if they don't get the additional relief on large donations.

From what I've read, it does. I seem to remember something about a £1/4 m donation to somewhere which could ill afford to lose it being under threat. And this from a government which allegedly wants to encourage private donations in support of the arts ...

From what I've read, it does. I seem to remember something about a £1/4 m donation to somewhere which could ill afford to lose it being under threat. And this from a government which allegedly wants to encourage private donations in support of the arts ...

That's only so they can cut arts funding, so ensuring that the arts return to being an exclusive pastime for those that can afford to pay (well) for it

• Like 1