The Winter's Tale (Royal Ballet)

I suspect this may be a reaction to the elaborate costumes dancers usually wear onstage, especially in the classics.  The tattiest practice wear seems to be practically a badge of honour depicting long service to their art.  I've seen dancers filmed in clothes so ragged only the moths holding hands could have been keeping them on/up. :)

• Like 6

Has anyone bought one of the opera houses 'digital guides' - if so,  what do you think of them.  I have just signed up for The Winter's Tale, but it is not yet complete, so I was a little disappointed - the title of one option - rehearsals - suggested that there would be footage, but there is only some photographs taken in the studio.  Still it does have a good synopsis, which will be useful.

Margaret

Might try and get a ticket for the premiere of this on the day if i'm about. Does anyone know if there is a dress code for this particular premiere? Definitely not going if it's royal gala style garb needed.

There's a first night dinner, but the dress code is lounge suit/cocktail dress.

And if I'm not mistaken, the dinner/dress code only concerns the people who attend (orchestra stalls and grand tier, possibly not all of each either), it's a performance like any other for the rest of the house.

Edited by A frog

Seeing that I accidentally managed to book mainly for the second cast, this is working out nicely for me by evening out how often I get to see each cast. Hoping this is just for a bit more of rehearsal time for the second cast rather than injuries...

I'm in just the same situation, Jane.  Very disappointing because it looks like it will be difficult to get tickets as most of the run seems to be pretty much sold out.  Not that it's ever a hardship to see Lauren dance twice, but I always like to see all the casts, or as many as I can.  Darn.  :(