Central spring course

Ja Sm

Hi all,

My dd is looking forward to the Central Spring Course this holiday immensely. It's the first time she has done anything like this and I would like to treat her to some trendy accessories to help her on her way! What sort of things do your dds who reguarly attend summer schools etc find useful? And what have you bought that proved to be not really worth it? She is looking longingly at the woolly warm up shorts and jump suits and the Bloch warm up boots. I am wondering if the latter would be useful when moving from studio to studio? Apart from the leotards, tights etc what should I send her to wear for the contemporary, musicality and Pilates sessions? I would really appreciate your knowledgable thoughts.

She is thirteen.

Thanking you in advance!

Hello, I would recommend the bloch warm up boots and all in one warm ups which are great to warm up in and also handy to walk around in between classes and during breaks. I am also going to the Central Spring Course and I am bringing other things such as jazz shoes and warm up shorts and leg warmers. :)

Edited by thebunhead
  • Like 2

Dd wears shorts over her leotard for Pilates if it's warm; a warm up fleece or similar if chilly.

For Contemporary classes during the holidays she wears a vest top or t shirt over her leo, with shorts or leggings.

Bloch warmup boots are always a good idea; do name them though as lots of students have them! :-)

• Like 2

She will most probably need socks for contemporary as well.

We are just getting the bags packed. It may seem like a silly question, but don't they slip in socks?My dd has foot thongs she uses when she dances at school, which she will take. Will these be ok? If not, what kind of socks?

We are studying the timetable and it all looks very exciting. But I can't help feeling a little nervous as she has not done one of these before. Having said that, my experience of Central has always been very positive so I am sure that all will be well.

Are there any more Yellow group students out there?

I thought I would write a few thoughts on this just in case someone is searching for information in the future. My dd had a wonderful time! There were two groups, split according to age and experience. My dd was in the younger group; there were about 28 of them Everyday, they did ballet, with three days of pointe and one of Pilates. They had one session of musicality and then also jazz and contemporary sessions. She really enjoyed all of it, made a few friends and learned loads. Parents were welcome to watch the ballet and pointe class on the last day, which was extremely interesting and enjoyable.

I thought the course was very well organised and we found the staff at Central extremely friendly and welcoming, as has been our experience in the past. We will definitely be looking at further Central courses in the future.

• Like 5