WL summer school

vole

My little DD has had selected waiting list for three years running now! I still see this a positive sign. I was told that there is a 'class' size of children in each year group on the waiting list. Waiting for York decision now

Guest balletmum16

We didn't either but all Year 5 and Year 6 JA's who didn't get in we're put on Selected waiting list. No one was called for a place.

Hello, my first ever post on these boards so I may not get it right!

My DS has been offered Week 1 WL Summer School and I am thrilled, surprised and apprehensive in equal measures! He is a JA, but only since Sept so we are pretty new to all of this and I don't know terribly much about the summer school except what I have picked up from other JA Mums at our centre.

I'm very sorry for all those who got a No or a Wait List e-mail!

Would love to hear of any others who have got Week 1 offer...especially any other boys!!!

• Like 1

From our experience of JAs applying to summer school only 1 or 2 got in from the centre. Some got SWL and never got in and some got nos. That was on multiple occasions.

call me cynical but I felt the swl was to justify the huge pressure put on parents to apply, with the associated fee, when there was virtually no chance of getting in......

I know others will disagree........

Edited by sarahw
  • Like 1

Guest balletmum16

I completely agree sarahw. I'm very cynical about the whole process. It's a shame there isn't a summer school for JAs. After all, these children give up a lot to attend classes weekly and travel long distances to attend. It's a great shame that this loyalty and dedication isn't rewarded in some way and the waiting list feels like a consolation prize. We didn't apply for this reason this year.

Just wondering did everyone who received a yes and then confirmed their place via email, get an email back from the rbs acknowledging their acceptance. It's just that we have not heard anything since last Monday despite emailing them back immediately. Starting to worry.

Thanks for your replies Shashee and Ellie. I was under the impression that we would receive something back from them pretty soon as we have to pay by the 28th of May. I'm worried as we were told that we had until the 22nd of April to confirm place or they would offer it to someone else. Hope they have received my email.:-/

Twoballerinas, from what I remember, we got our 'yes' in April and then sent the acceptance paperwork...Then, we only received more information in June. But, as I said, call them or send an email if you have any doubts.x

• 3 months later...

Twoballerinas0004, we dropped our DS off on Monday at week 1 of Summer School. We had send the form for demonstration tickets back with our other forms, and the tickets were waiting for us there with his Welcome Pack. So you should be fine! Can't wait to go back on Saturday, watch the demonstration and collect our boy!

Mimi'smom, yes there is indeed a carpark there though it got very busy by the time everyone had arrived!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...