Opes summer school

Millie3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dd had an amazing time. She learnt so much.

She Loved the residential. And the care the teacher took with the students was very special.

The houseparents where very helpful.

Dd thought I was one of the best summer schools she's ever been too.

She attended week 1 but would have dearly loved to do week 2. ( maybe next year).

She's still talking about

Lemongirl my dd is in dorm 7 too!

She loves it but has barely contacted us this week!! Having far too much fun. She is the 10 yr old in the top bunk!

I am really looking forward to Friday. My dd has already said she wants to go for 2 weeks next year x

Busymum - my dd told me that they are down to 6 girls now in dorm 7 as one wasn't well so moved into the houseparent's room and not sure about the other one.  Dd's been phoning each evening with an update, she's having a great time.  Apparently there was a lot of bed swapping and putting mattresses on the floor the other night!  They're all having lots of fun  :)

Thanks Lemongirl.

No news from my dd again today! It's a good job she didn't try to call as I took DS to the Steven McRae talk at RAD headquarters. We have only just got in.

It was fantastic! Well worth the trip but I am not looking forward to another long day tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing dd and the performance and hopefully, eventually hearing all about the week from her and not here! Ha ha

So pleased they are having a great time.

I will have DS with me tomorrow, he is 7, but very small!

Would be good to say hi!

Have you seen that the photos are now online?

I agree, I hope that it continues to be a huge success.

My dd is determined to go for 3 weeks next year! We shall have to discuss that one.

She is very excited that Peter and Shannon are on Got to Dance

Such a great idea to do three weeks as we are so behind in this country for Ballet Summer Schools!  In America they often start mid June for 6 weeks!  Can you imagine how great they will after three weeks with that level of teaching and small class sizes. I'll have to start saving now! :)

• Like 1

There is a train station in Retford which is only 5 minutes away from Ranby school. It may be that you would get a train to Grantham and then a connecting train to Retford? It really has been a fantastic summer school, great standard and my ds says everyone was really lovely. Hope the trains work for you.

If you had to get there by public transport, does anyone know how? Train to Nottingham and then??? Or is there a nearer station where you could get a taxi?? It sounds really good and considering it includes all meals as well not that expensive.

Retford is the nearest train station and is on the East Coast mainline from Kings cross. It takes 1.5 hours from London. The school is about 4 miles away, it is on a bus route but I suspect the bus stops in Ranby village which is just outside the school grounds. A taxi would be easier. There is also a train station in Worksop which is about 15 minutes away. It is linked to Sheffield but that is a much slower train route. It depends where you are coming from.

My daughter went the second week. She learnt quite a lot and had the chance to do some pointe work which she has just started. The show at the end was amazing especially the older ones. I think they worked hard. My daughter did not board as I have family nearby ( hence knowledge of travel) and as she is a bit shy found it difficult to make friends however the other girls seemed really nice though and there was a friendly atmosphere. The teachers were good and kind and my daughter really enjoyed the lessons and I think it was a very high standard. Also I agree it is good value.

• 7 months later...