Bespoke tutus

vole

Cats Whiskers has recently been launched in north west London. All tutus are made to royal ballet standard as I was trained privately by a royal opera house and royal ballet cutter. Practice tutu skirts, performance/competition tutus and repair service offered.

Each tutu is carefully made with the best materials to your specifications. Fittings can be arranged at your convenience.

Delivery is 6-8 weeks. Two fittings recommended.

txavierclarke@gmail.com

• Like 2

Hello Nana Lily,

Practice tutu skirts are £150. Cost for a decorated tutu skirt and decorated bodice is from £300 upwards, depending on design and embellishments. It is best to email or call me to discuss what you have in mind.

Repairs are individually priced depending on what needs done.

Thank you.

Cats Whiskers

Hello Janet McNulty.

I am so sorry I haven't used this before so of course I will do that. Could you please tell me what I have to include. I have found a signature tab and added my company name my name and telephone number. Is that correct or do I include other details as well.i have just added my email and location as well.

Kind regards

Tracey Xavier-Clarke

Edited by Cats Whiskers
  • Like 1

Hahaha Porthesia! My website isn't live yet... Just have to load pictures and write a bit more. Won't be long now. I have an order to finish by Sunday so will be working on the website after that :-)

• Like 2

I may need a very basic practice tutu soon but because I am an adult amateur dancer and would not use it that often £150 seems quite expensive.

My problem is my size(14-16) so I do have an option of trying a couple of "off the shelf" ones first which are less than £50!! But may have to have one especially made!!

Do you have a range of practice tutus eg: these cheaper ones have 8 layers I think (doesn't mean that much to me at this point!) perhaps your ones are of a higher specification.....but is it possible to make to a lower one so to speak for the price to come down a little.

Sorry don't know much about tutus and it's now almost exactly 30 years since I last wore one......when I was a bit thinner!!

Just looked at the item on eBay and it is a very good price. It is a very basic practice skirt without steel hooping and hand swing catching or cotton bobbinet knickers, but it will do the job as thequays said. LinMM the eBay ones are probably a better option for you if you only want to pay around £50. My 8 layer steel hooped skirts start at £100. It says on the eBay listing it is the last one so perhaps they could order one for you. If I come across any others I will post it for you

Edited by Cats Whiskers
  • Like 2

A practice tutu is just the skirt and the basque. It is for the dancer to wear for rehearsals so they get feeling of having the performance tutu on without the restrictiveness of the attached bodice. The practice tutu skirt is made exactly the same as the performance one minus the decorated top skirt but maybe with not as many layers.

Linn we have practice tutus in your size arriving this week - they were a special request for a workshop. We're getting them on "XL" in white and black.

They are not steel hooped, as cats whiskers said, but tacked to maintain pancake shape. I've had mine for a couple of years and it's still not saggy ;)

• Like 2

All the tutu skirts that I make are with a very stiff excellent quality net with some layers softer. They are all hand made by myself with individual patterns made for each client and kept on file for future use. And the practice ones are as I said exactly the same quality as the performance ones. With the cost of the materials and my work time I couldn't possibly sell them for less. It's all a question of quality and personal choice. What matters in the end is that you get what you want and are happy with the product and usage. Not everyone wants the same thing so it's great that there is such a wide range of products for dancers available.

• Like 3