Another bit of a rant

w445403

I emailed the London Russian Ballet School to ask if they had any open days planned with a view to DS applying for September 2015.

A few emails were exchanged and then a few phone calls which resulted in us being asked to take him up for 2 days.

I was told that he would take part in several classes, be accommodated overnight and then take part/observe further classes.

I checked about him being accommodated and explained that I would not be stopping overnight in London due to the expense (having already explained that we have no money and he gets free school meals]

So it's all arranged, train tickets bought and we are off tomorrow. Then yesterday I get asked to pay £40 for his accommodation and today I am asked for £25 towards his classes. Whilst I appreciate that neither of these charges are unreasonable I'm horrified at having to find this money at such short notice.

He's only going because they asked me take him and I feel they should have told me about the costs up front so that I could make my mind up about whether to go or not.

I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place now, I've already spent money on train fares, arranged for him to miss school etc but if I take him I need to find another £65.........

Let everyone learn from this to always ask about any possible or  hidden  costs

Hi after reading this I feel terrible for you both,I have two ideas 1 you can get your money back off the train tickets £10 charge then arrange another day when you have the money.

2ring them up and explain your situation,after all it was them who made a mess of things not you.

My heart goes out to your son who i hope will get a chance to go,I hope everything will work out for you both xx

• Like 1

This does seem very remiss of them (I do occasional classes at London Russian) and they are usually most generous and accommodating so am surprised.

Do give them a ring before you cancel train fares etc especially as no doubt your son looking forward to it now. They may allow you to defer the payments etc.

• Like 2

How very odd! I can understand the money for overnight accommodation - especially in London - but to suddenly ask you for £25 for class fees seems disappointing.

I wouldn't cancel but I would certainly double check - and ask if you can have a little more time to pay the £40. :-(

I wrote this in a bit of a panic without speaking to the school - just a knee jerk reaction really and I'm not proud of myself  :(

Anyway we have now had a conversation and it's all sorted. The school were extremely understanding and it's with a sigh of relief that we now look forward to the next two days .

Note to self - engage brain before reacting :)

• Like 5

I wrote this in a bit of a panic without speaking to the school - just a knee jerk reaction really and I'm not proud of myself  :(

Anyway we have now had a conversation and it's all sorted. The school were extremely understanding and it's with a sigh of relief that we now look forward to the next two days .

Note to self - engage brain before reacting :)

Easily done. :-)

Glad it's all sorted and hope your ds has a lovely couple of days.

• Like 1