Central finals

Guest Autumn days

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way I would want my dd to commute daily from anywhere in the UK to London to attend vocational training. The school day is long and tiring and I'm not sure what Central's finishing times are,, but at my dd's it is 6.30. I am sure Central is probably about the same. My dd has commuted daily to London for a couple of summer schools in the past, one of which was Central, and she was exhausted, especially when there are delays and cancellations on the trains.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your help on trains. 

We won't be living a long way and having dd commute daily for class. I was just thinking about needing to get to London for various things (like hopefully seeing RB performances once in a while). We lived in London for a year when we first were married. I remember the long winter commutes from zone 4, don't really feel like doing all that again.

I think the best option is to go for BTUK where the rent is much more affordable. DH should be able to work in Birmingham (I really wish they would confirm it) so he and dd can catch trains in opposite directions.

• Like 3

Guest Autumn days

Has anybody else heard from Central yet? Surely all the results must be out by now?

Hope some more of you have some good news!!

• 3 years later...

On 12/04/2014 at 23:24, pastel said:

Thank you everyone for your help on trains. 

We won't be living a long way and having dd commute daily for class. I was just thinking about needing to get to London for various things (like hopefully seeing RB performances once in a while). We lived in London for a year when we first were married. I remember the long winter commutes from zone 4, don't really feel like doing all that again.

I think the best option is to go for BTUK where the rent is much more affordable. DH should be able to work in Birmingham (I really wish they would confirm it) so he and dd can catch trains in opposite directions.

I know this is a very old forum but my dd has just been put on the waiting list for central and just wondered if your dd was offered a place in the end? The wait is so frustrating at the moment and without knowing how many are on the list only adds to the suspense we are praying a place becomes available!

Edited by Ballet4ever