Happymum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

DD going for first time this year. Can anyone tell me how much pointe work ( if any ) the younger groups do? 11 year olds.

Not sure how the groups work as we have no experience of this, does anyone know? 

Thanks

Hi Snape, have sent you a PM but just to say as well that they do group the dancers in age and ability and there'll be a list up when you arrive for registration.  The younger group last year didn't do pointe work but they did do character and they used their character skirts in the parents presentation at the end - I think they called it Baroque Class - I don't know if it will follow the same format this year.

Hope your DD loves it!  Mine did last year :) x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

very scary ! lightning hit the road right in front of my car! m 62 was closed on the way. so we were really late and m way was like a river!! ekkk. not for the faint hearted. left child after caos journey. practically dumped her. she didn't know anyone. felt a bit bad but she rang up full of giggles and has already made some friends! bless her!

She will have a ball i am sure. My dd didnt know anyone today but her friend arrives tomorrow. Son met friend from his ballet class at school so he was happy:)

I have never been so scared on a road before but at leAst people stopped. ... Visibility was zero! I hope everyone got home safely. :)

• Like 1

Good that all arrived there safely and families are back home. We heard about the M62 closure and slotted round Bradford/Leeds then picked up the A64 to York, slow but moved along. Rain was torrential when we arrived so my 3 (2 DD's and a friend) got soaked getting luggage from the car to accommodation. Everyone was in great spirits though. The new venue is lovely and the accommodation fanulous. Everyone has a single ensuite. Lovely for my DD's to meet up with ballet friends from around the country and am sure new friendships will be made too.

Hope all of our DC's have a great experience and let's hope for better weather for the pick up!

• Like 5

Well the weather couldn't have been any different yesterday! Lovely to watch such inspirational teaching and students responding well. The end of week demo was sublime. It started around 3.00pm. Lovely to watch so many familiar faces and see how these children have progressed over the years, and to see 10/11 year olds right up to 18/19 and aspirational for the children too.

• Like 3

well my little dd loved it! The demonstration was lovely. Even though my child is a girl, I do have a soft spot for the boys! some of them were so far off the floor they were flying! and in that heat. Love the swan girl too, such beautiful expression. Roll on next year. Ps dd exhausted !