Masterclass with Daria Klimentova, 25th May 2014 (male & female students aged 15+)

BBA

A truly UNIQUE and exciting opportunity to participate in a Ballet Masterclass on stage in Beckenham with International Prima Ballerina, Daria Klimentova, in association with Beckenham Ballet Academy where she is the Patron of the school. There will be 2 classes with a maximum of 30 students in each class.  This Masterclass will be selective and will welcome applications from all students aged 15 + who are studying at Intermediate level and above.  There may also be the chance for parents to watch the class from the auditorium !!!

Exact date and time to be confirmed soon. Application forms will be available online shortly at beckenhamballetacademy.co.uk  Places are limited so please register your interest asap.

Thank you for your interest and feel free to PM for more details.

• Like 4

My dd did a masterclass with Daria two weeks ago at the RAD HQ. She absolutely loved it and found it very inspiring. There was a Q&A session afterwards too which was very interesting. Daria told the girls she is now training to be a qualified teacher for after her retirement, so hopefully they'll be many more of these classes to come.

• Like 1

My dd did a masterclass with Daria two weeks ago at the RAD HQ. She absolutely loved it and found it very inspiring. There was a Q&A session afterwards too which was very interesting. Daria told the girls she is now training to be a qualified teacher for after her retirement, so hopefully they'll be many more of these classes to come.

I think this was the one my teacher went to.  She too was very impressed with it.

Is it at the Methodist Church Hall?  If so, that's less than 5 minutes' walk from Beckenham Junction station/tramstop.  I haven't been there since my non-godfather's memorial service, which is some years ago.

Will pass the info on to my teacher: I'm sure she'll be interested.

A truly UNIQUE and exciting opportunity to participate in a Ballet Masterclass on stage in Beckenham with International Prima Ballerina, Daria Klimentova, in association with Beckenham Ballet Academy where she is the Patron of the school. There will be 2 classes with a maximum of 30 students in each class.  This Masterclass will be selective and will welcome applications from all students aged 15 + who are studying at Intermediate level and above.  There may also be the chance for parents to watch the class from the auditorium !!!

Exact date and time to be confirmed soon. Application forms will be available online shortly at beckenhamballetacademy.co.uk  Places are limited so please register your interest asap.

Thank you for your interest and feel free to PM for more details.

International Prima Ballerina Daria Klimentova, (in association with Beckenham Ballet Academy), will be leading 2 Masterclasses this May 25th 2014, for students with a desire and passion for ballet. This is a unique opportunity to develop and enhance your skills under the tutelage of one of the worlds leading ballerinas. These masterclasses are suitable for all students (male and female) aged 15+ who are studying at Intermediate level and above. The classes will take place at The Langley Theatre in Beckenham, Kent, and there will be the possibility to watch the class, which will also be a unique opportunity !!

Places are limited and will be allocated to students on receipt of an application form and photographs. The application forms will be available online at www.beckenhamballetacademy.co.uk from Friday 28th March, but you are welcome to register your interest asap.

Daria and Beckenham Ballet Academy look forward to welcoming you to what will be a very memorable day.

Best wishes

Linda

• Like 1

Really?  Where on earth is that?  I haven't heard about anything.

I guess from the name it's at the Girls' School?  When I started nosing around the Beckenham forum I discovered they'd had a new dance studio opened last year.

This looks like an amazing opportunity. I have seen her perform and have heard great things about her previous master class. There are so few chances like this available to really inspire our young dancers. I have just noticed that the link to BBA is now open.

• Like 1

Beckenham Junction station is 17 minutes from London Victoria and the theatre is a 5 minute taxi ride.

I'd have thought a bit nearer 10 minutes would be nearer the mark, especially by the time the cab's got out of the station and through the traffic lights?  And it's 20 minutes from Victoria according to my timetable.  Trains quarter-hourly, assuming it's daytime and not on a Sunday.

Anyway, I'd go down the Hayes line from Charing Cross/Waterloo East/London Bridge and walk from Eden Park, myself.  That's what the pupils do.  Still 4 trains an hour, just not as evenly distributed.  OTOH, the journey does take rather longer: a bit over 30 minutes, I'd guess, considering the hatchet job they did to the Hayes line timetable a few years ago.

Oh, just checked my diary and realised it's a Sunday, in which case half-hourly train services in either case, and check for engineering works.  They don't usually take *both* lines out the same weekend, but it has been known to happen.  What I definitely wouldn't recommend would be trying to be clever, and taking a train down as far as Shortlands (twice as many from London) and trying to catch the 358 bus (which stops pretty nearly outside the school) from there: past experience suggests that you probably won't be able to get on the bus at all during shopping hours.

Apologies, there are no fast trains anymore. It is as Alison posted 20 minutes, however it is still easily accessible from London Victoria and there is ample parking on site for those wishing to drive.

Good news ! After many request, Daria Klimentiva has extended her offer to allow 14 year olds of Intermediate standard to apply too ! Classes will be separated by age and ability. Applications are available at www.beckenhamballetacademy.co.uk.

• 2 weeks later...

Jonathan Still ( Musical Director at the Prague Masterclasses) has confirmed he will be playing for the Masterclasses in May 2014 held in Kent!!! This is great news as he and Daria have worked together many times thus ensuring a seamless and enjoyable experience. It's great to have so many applications from the big four schools but the class is open to non vocational children too !

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Closing date for applications will be Saturday 17th May, Many thanks for all the applications received so far. We will be notifying the successful students on Monday 19th. Thank you for your interest.

Details about the Masterclass can be found at www.beckenhamballetacademy.co.uk and on the notice board at the RAD. Please get in touch if you have any questions about the day.

Please note teachers and parents are invited to observe the class.

There are so many students travelling great distances to participate in Daria's classes. For this reason successful applicants are being notified now so train tickets etc can be purchased Thank you for your patience, and looking forward to meeting you all !!

• Like 1