Moscow Ballet 'La Classique' Swan Lake

Just to say myself and my DD had a trip out to our local theatre in Crewe last night to see a brilliant production of Swan Lake performed by Moscow Ballet 'La Classique'. It was superb. The dancers were all excellent and we just loved the signet dance-truly awesome footwork!

I can recommend this ballet company as I know they are touring the country with both Swan Lake and Giselle.

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed it, LtD. I can second your thoughts about the company. I saw Moscow Ballet La Classique's Coppélia a while back in Yeovil on a last-minute whim. I had very low expectations of a Russian company I'd never heard of before (partly fuelled by a previous disappointment with Russian State Ballet Of Siberia) but was very pleasantly surprised! The whole production was beautifully staged, the dancing was high quality across the board and the corps very talented and tight. I'd definitely go and see them again. :)

• Like 1

Trying to remember whether it was that company I saw performing a very cut-down version of Giselle at the Fairfield Hall in Croydon maybe a decade ago.  If so, I wasn't very impressed at the time.

Edit: I've just checked my old review, and it was, and I think I've done them an injustice: the review was more positive than my memories of it a decade on.

Edited by alison
Correction