Bloch rehearsal/performance tutu

My dance teacher just bought me the white rehearsal tutu for me to practice in and use as the base for my Cinderella costume:) it's a gorgeous tutu(well worth the money and I would highly recommend it) the only problem is it smells really bad!! Has anyone else got one and had this problem? Anybody got any ideas what we can do to it to make it smell nicer? My partner has to have it in his face a bit when lifting me and he can't stand the smell haha!!! Thank you in advance:)

What sort of smell is it? If it's a damp smell, it may have been in storage for a while so I would check for mould - and send back!!

If it's a chemical smell it may be the chemicals used to stiffen the net - have you tried a "febreeze" type spray (though test on an inconspicous area first to make sure it doesn't soften net!)

• Like 1

My dd has a Bloch practice tutu in black and hers used to smell as well !!! I used to have to keep hanging it up outside in the fresh air. Not sure if it still does as she took it away with her to vocational school (her poor room mates & pdd partner if it does!). I will remember to ask her next time she phones. I'm so glad someone else has had the same problem. We were totally puzzled at the time ..... it smelt like the cat had left its mark on it!

• Like 1

My dd has a Bloch practice tutu in black and hers used to smell as well !!! I used to have to keep hanging it up outside in the fresh air. Not sure if it still does as she took it away with her to vocational school (her poor room mates & pdd partner if it does!). I will remember to ask her next time she phones. I'm so glad someone else has had the same problem. We were totally puzzled at the time ..... it smelt like the cat had left its mark on it!

Thus exactly the smell! Glad it's nt only mine! Thank you for the tips both x

• 2 months later...

What is the sizing like on these? DD is usually a size 8 but does not like anything tight around the waist so not sure what size to go for. If anyone that has the skirt could measure the waistband that would be a great help. Thanks.