MA auditions results

Flora11

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel Fusster - feels like they're cutting you off somehow doesn't it.

In the space of two years my eldest son was assessed out of WL (despite bring awarded the "most improved" prize one year and improving significantly again the following year), my middle one didn't get MAs (despite everyone at JAs and her local school thinking she would), and my youngest son didn't get a JA place off the waiting list.

I don't think I'd done anything to upset anyone ;-) but it did feel a bit like it at the time.

Turned out ok though (although I personally missed it all terribly at the time) - eldest now a professional ballet dancer, middle one now a vet student (she carried on dancing for fun and competed in festivals) and youngest about to go off to uni (he gave up dancing early teens).

• Like 12

It's SWL for my dd too for London centre. (Just got back from hols to find letter!) Does anyone know of any girls who are going to decline an MA offer for London? Wondering if there will actually be any movement on the SWL! Well done to all those with yeses.

• Like 1

It's not for us - dd will be going to Elmhurst but her best dancing friend is desperate to go to Mids and every one we have spoken to or heard from (who attend JAs) has got SWL. We make the list for London 5 that we know of! That doesn't sound very short!

Sorry to hear your news there are children who do get in off the swl as children are still waiting for offers for voc schools, we never know whats round the corner

Ax

SWL for my DD :-( Grateful for the amazing opportunity she's had to do JA's though. Maybe time to broaden our horizon in other ways. We're certainly going to have more time on our hands on Saturdays! Congrats to the yeses and chins up and shoulders back the no's :-) xx

• Like 1

I would think that there is much more hope that a MA place will become available to DCs on the waiting list (certainly for a Y7 MA place) than in the case of JAs because there will be quite a lot of children who have MA offers but are going to vocational schools. Fingers crossed for those on the waiting list.

• Like 1