MA auditions results

Flora11

Reading lots of other threads about audition results letters arriving, seems sometimes the 'yes' letters arrive on different days to the 'no' and 'waiting list' letters. Does anyone know if this happens with the associate letters?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that happens with Associate letters - perhaps centre by centre but so much depends on the post in your area too.  We always seemed to get results from everything - auditions/associates/NYB at least 2 or 3 days after everyone on the forum regardless of the good or bad news in the envelope.  Good luck to all.

• Like 1

Maybe you should not expect an answer so soon. At SA audition, they told us they would TRY and send them this side of Easter. The key word here being "try"... Good luck with the wait!

Guest Smiles

I personally think its not a bad thing. I like to think that they saw potential and they were attracted hence the attention but that just me. I also like to think she is good but there are others who are better. It's her first audition and the chances are so slim and we knew that for a start. She has not done JA'S even. We are not defeated until we stop trying :-) I would recommend Tring Nancy21. My dd will have her first CBA assessment next month and will have a report which will be so useful for prep for next RBS audition. As consolation, we booked her the Tring musical theatre summer course boarding for a week. They do have ballet too but the date is not convenient for us. Good luck with other auditions :-) and perhaps will be back in the forum next year comparing notes :-) 

Edited by Smiles

Also a no for mids for us... very expected so DD not really disappointed. We saw this year's auditions as a learning curve and hopefully next year she will go in with more confidence (as will know what to expect)... just need to get her to believe in herself and control the nerves before next time!!

Hope some of you had better news for MAs & congratulations to those that got in.

• Like 1

Guest Smiles

oh I am sorry DanceMum. We will be back next year.  I heard from RBS that this year had an unprecedented high number of auditions as well as the summer school and also lots of changes going on.

• Like 2

Guest balletmum16

Well done to the yes and hugs to the nos. Has anyone had results from London January 23rd yet please x

• Like 1

Well done to all the yes's and keep going all the no's.  It was a SWL for my DD which I was very happy with as I thought it would be a straight no due to the number auditioning and me not thinking she had quite the right body shape.  Good luck to everyone else waiting for replies x

• Like 1

Guest balletmum16

Can I ask if any non JAs have got waiting list. We have been given SWL as have the other two JAs from our centre and two that we know from another centre. I'm just interested if the Royal are doing the same with MAs as they appear to do with summer school and placing all JAs on to SWL rather than giving them a no.

Some years ago now but my daughter and some of her JA friends got outright nos for MAs. We had already realised at that point, when she was already far more mature physically than the current MAs, that it probably was going to be a no!

Some years ago too, I had two pupils of the same age, one was a JA the other I hadn't even sent to audition for JA as she wasn't ready (she had joined me at age 7 and though promising had a lot of bad habits that needed ironing out).  The girl who was a JA got a no for MA, the non-JA got a place.

Guest balletmum16

It's not for us - dd will be going to Elmhurst but her best dancing friend is desperate to go to Mids and every one we have spoken to or heard from (who attend JAs) has got SWL. We make the list for London 5 that we know of! That doesn't sound very short!

My DD is a JA at Bath. She got a straight No letter! Gutted to say the least. She really came on during this year as a JA and now I feel like she has lost the link with RBS - she also didn't get a place on the SS at WL and she will miss the friends she has made too. She has two wonderful ballet teachers and they are trying to push her on, we will just have to make the most of them and do extra privates with them to hopefully keep her up to standard to audition again next year. Congratulations to those with yes letters.