MA auditions results

Flora11

Hello all,

Does anyone know when the MA auditions results will be out? My nails are vanishing at a rate of knots as I wait for the postman!

Does anyone remember when they were out last year or in other previous years?

Thank you so much. I've never posted before but have read some very useful threads previoulsly, so thought I'd be brave!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Flora11, when my daughter auditioned on 17th January in London, they said that it would be this side of Easter. All results for white lodge and upper school are now out, so I think we could expect something next week!! When did you audition and where??

Nancy :)

Hi Nancy21, my daughter auditioned in London on January 26th. It seems like a long time ago now! I thought they'd mentioned Easter but wasn't sure. Next week seems very soon though! What year is yr daughter? Mine is Year 6 at the mo, I think the MA classes are mixed year groups though. I'm sure there are forum members who know more. . .

My daughter is currently yr 7, I have no idea how the classes work! Not sure if they are grouped through age / school year or ballet grade?? Don't hold up much hope of a place, as very limited space and not sure what they were even looking for!!

Guest Smiles

Hi, I have been following the thread on MA auditions as my dd auditioned in London same day as your dd Nancy2. I find comfort that I am not alone in this excruciating waiting for result. She was also physically tested, arms, hips, legs and feet. This is her first time auditioning in RBS. I do hope it's next week as I am actually loosing sleep! My dd is okay though. She is busy with local ballet production and she is with Tring associate training (yes, I drive there on alternate Sundays exactly 3 hours both ways). It's worth it as she absolutely love it. Anyway, I just like to bid everybody good luck and hopefully (fingers cross & lots of prayers) we may cross our path in London!

• Like 2

Hi Smiles! I see we are based around the same area! I feel worried about the whole 'being touched' thing! Was it a good sign or a bad sign!! My daughter was put on waiting list for JA about four years ago, but didn't get a place. This time she feels more nervous about it. Her dance teacher also told her to audition for central associate programme but the audition isn't until 24th of May. How did your daughter feel her audition went ? x

Guest Smiles

Thank you 'thequays and Tulip'. @ Nancy, my dd liked the attention she called it 'glimmer of hope'.In fact, she likes any attention :-).  She knows everyone is amazing at the audition. Even if she didn't get chosen this time, she will try again. What is meant to be will be. I do hope and pray your dd and my dd will get in. We will probably take the same train up to London! oh and Tring is fantastic. She is onlynbeen there a term and I can already see the difference. Where is central associate programme? I am so new to these things. 

• Like 1

Hi welcome Smiles I was under the impression that once the appraisals for the current mids are under way then places maybe offered from there. I am sure parents who are in the know will clarify that.

Axx

Appraisal for Bath MAs isn't until 21st May - I agree with amber21 it would make more sense for them to get the appraisals out of the way for their current MAs before making any offers. Not sure how they could make offers before then as they won't know who they want to keep out of the current group.

• Like 1

Guest Smiles

Thank you Amber 21 and sleeps123, it makes sense to wait for the current MA assessment done. Just spoke to a friend who has A dd in MA in London. They are having their assessment today as we speak. Parents are informed that the result is Easter time. I guess it is the same for us who are hoping to be in London. @Nancy21', don't loose hope. Keep head up. Everything is possible. My dd auditioned for Tring and there were So many candidates and have amazing physique and flexibility but so little place. I say even if she didn't get in this time, she definitely caught someone's attention :-). And that is something positive.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the info, so helpful. Just checked with a friend who was also at the London auditions, and they definitely said results 'this side of Easter'. We were given the impression that there naturally becomes a few space, from the children who are now to old for MA and are moving onto SA classes. The spaces that may or may not come available are from those who aren't offered another years training or decide to leave , these are the spaces for girls placed on the waiting list. This was from chatting to one of the lovely PTA ladies whilst waiting for audition to finish. Good luck to all of those facing assessments today and over the next few weeks

Hi all not been on the site for a long time but to spread news to our friends in Newcastle My DB has had his appraisal and got the results today and he has been offered a place next year Phew glad the wait is over

• Like 4

Guest Smiles

Fantastic new Tinker - congratulations and thanks for sharing! Let's hope good news continues to everyone still waiting! 

Some independent schools don't finish til next week Nancy, but I think you are right in that admin will be in all next week.

Hi, Sorry, just presumed as most in our area had finished this week, know they nearly always have that extra week! Perhaps another week to wait then ????