Getting from King's Cross to ENBS?

mollyjacob

Hi, Hoping this is the right place for this sort of question...On Sunday morning I need to get from London King's Cross to ENB Hortensia road with my dd.  I have very little knowledge of London/ travelling on tubes etc so wondering if anyone a little more familiar would be able to point me in the right direction?  Is ENB walkable from a tube station?  My fishing around online is so far indicating getting a tube to Earl's Court might be a good option but I'm not sure if ENB is easily walkable from here and I would have no clue where I was going! Thanks in advance.

Also worth checking your trains the night before/morning as sunday trains can get delayed due to over running engineering works.  I take my dd to kings cross every sunday morning and the services can be variable.

• Like 3

I've always gone to Fulham Broadway.  Google says its 6 mins walk to ENB but I agree with tutugirl that 10-15 mins is more accurate.  It is certainly a lot closer than Earls Court.  The cemetery is just about opposite the end of Hortensia Road and I believe you can walk through to West Brompton tube station but I've never done it and believe it would take you longer.  Its quite a nice place to sit on a sunny day with a coffee and a newspaper while you wait for your DD though.

• Like 1

Thank you all.  I think I was preferring Earl's court as no changes!  A real tube novice here!!  I am actually coming on Sat and staying at King's Cross as was nervous about delays and stuff so should be fine on that score.  I'll opt for Fulham Broadway then and leave plenty of time for the walk.  And hope the weather is nice too :-)

From Kings Cross take the Piccadilly Line to Earls Court, and change to the District Line to Fulham Broadway. (Take the "Wimbledon" train).

At Fulham Broadway, turn left out of the station, and up the road, past Chelsea Football Club, keep going until you see a small Tescos on the other side, which is on the corner of Hortensia Road. ENBS is halfway up Hortensia Road on the right.

It's about 10 mins walk from the station.

• Like 4

Most importantly, towards the end of this week, check the Tube engineering works on tfl.gov.uk - then you'll know which lines are working and which aren't, and can adjust your plans accordingly.

I always think Earl's Court must be quite confusing for Tube newbies: possibly change onto the District Line earlier than EC?  Or have the on-platform indicators finally got into the 21st century?

• Like 1

I would say get Piccadilly line to south kensington and then get on 14, 211, or 414 bus which stop at end of hortensia rd. Alternatively it is a short cab ride from south ken and there is a taxi rank near tube.

Have done this route several times in the past. You know that you're getting close to your stop after you past the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital on the left and the stop is shortly after that. There are a few cafes around the hospital that you can go into if you want as it's not too far to walk from Hortensia Road.

You can always go on the 'Transport for London' website, as mentioned above, put in your travel details and you will get several options given to you and you can look at the maps of the area to give you an idea of where to go.

• Like 1

Is it DD final on Sunday ? It's my DS final on Saturday . Wishing you both the very best . There is a nice place to eat / drink on the way from Fulham Broadway to Hortensia Rd. . It's on the right and called the Butchers Hook . Or it's walkable to the Kings Road if you need a bit of retail therapy .

• Like 3

Thank you again, this is all very helpful information.  The only times I've ever visited London are for ballet workshops, but usually we're at Covent Garden and I'm usually with an experienced tube guide (husband!)   So I'm reading with interest.  It's for NYB finals.  I did look at getting a taxi but the site I was on quoted a worst case scenario of £55 if heavy traffic...didn't like the sound of that! :-(

How much would a taxi cost Taxi?

Not a very good memory, but I think the last time it was £18. The traffic shouldn't be heavy on a Sunday, and in any case the driver will know a way round that.

If you go out of Kings Cross station there is a large taxi rank inbetween that and St Pancras station next door.

By the way... at Kings Cross station there's the Harry Potter shop and Platform 9 3/4 ;)

• Like 3

Is it DD final on Sunday ? It's my DS final on Saturday . Wishing you both the very best . There is a nice place to eat / drink on the way from Fulham Broadway to Hortensia Rd. . It's on the right and called the Butchers Hook . Or it's walkable to the Kings Road if you need a bit of retail therapy .

tutugirl ... don't know whether you realise, but Chelsea are playing Arsenal at home on Saturday!!  It will be mayhem.  :-(   Don't know what time your DSs audition is, but I would allow plenty of extra time if the time clashes.  My dd and I used to travel to ENB every single Saturday when she was younger and we got caught up several times in football matches.  The tube will be squashed to sardines, the main road along from Fulham Broadway is closed to traffic from a certain time onwards & there are police and police horses everywhere!  Just be pre-warned.  Kick off is 12.45 I believe.  Hopefully his audition is in the morning.

I would just add that, as it's going to be busy, plan to get there really, really early and camp out in a cafe if necessary. If it's a nice day, the cemetery is worth a visit (strange but true) - enormous squirrels that follow you hoping for food!

Ooo, and welcome Mollyjacob and good luck!

• Like 2

Thank you it's her life . Will bear that in mind - it was a home match on the day of the prelims - DS said they could hear the roar of the crowd for each of the three goals. , in the middle of the audition !! I hope the result is the same this Saturday !! The audition I mean. , not the football. !!! It's a morning start so hopefully will escape the crush !!

The taxi would be expensive but it's easy changing onto the District line at Earls Court from the Piccadilly line and not that far to walk really. If you want the bus option then it's best to get out of the Piccadilly line at Hyde park Corner and the no14 stops right outside the tube station. It should say Fulham or Putney on the front. In the other direction it finishes at Warren street so check the front to make sure going the right direction.

I think the tube option is best and is the most straight forward way.....but you can always go for the taxi option if running late etc.

Best of luck with the audition anyway.

• Like 1

If audition is early morning and you are there at least two hours before kick off (match) you should be fine. If you leave before match started or when it ends the tubes will be cosy and the bus route between Enb and Fulham Broadway diverted. I would recommend avoiding Fulham Broadway during plus an hour before and after match.

• Like 1

You can also pick up the no.14 from Green Park where it stops right outside the station there too....and this will also give you the option of the Victoria Line or Piccadilly as both stop at Green Park....Victoria is quickest from Kings Cross. Just in case any probs on the tube etc.