Elmhurst Senior summer school 2014

My 15 year old  y DD text last night to say  'sorry too busy to chat tonight but having a great time'. she is really enjoying the SS. sadly she has an on going injury and is not able to join in with all the work.

It is funny to think our children are dancing together. Afab the penny may have dropped DD said she shared a room last year with a lovely girl from France-was that your daughter?

Hopefully I will meet some of you on Saturday although not sure my DD will be able to join in with the presentation due to injury- a very difficult time for her with auditions coming up so soon-trying not to worry for her but so difficult.

Not sure which group my daughter is in although I know she is in a different group to her friends. She is really hoping she will still be able to do PDD with injury-the highlight of last year!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spacy, I think if I remember right that the girl my DD shared with last year was older than your DD is now so I don't think it was her but there was another French-English girl last year at the SS... My DD discovered her on the last day I think!

Glad your DD can enjoy the bits she can do and hope she feels better soon!

I might be in a bit of a pickle to go and get my DD from Elmhurst on Saturday with 2 DDs finishing a SS each at the same time but 200 miles from one another and only one car...

Would there be anyone going from the Guildford area with room in their car for me on the way up and for me, DD2 and luggage on the way down, willing to share the trip and the cost of course?

I'm not a 100% sure yet I'll need the lift but just in case... You can pm me if you want.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Angel,

Last year the schedule of classes was very intensive. Ballet orientated but other stuff as well. Nice evening question session with some dancers from BRB.

It is difficult for me to comment on the quality of the show as I am not a dancer. Last year DC did Hammond and Elmhurst and to me the Elmhurst show was of a higher standard and more ballet.

She is doing Elmhurst again loved it +++. The staff were fab with them.

HTH

Just got home . DS is tired , but still on a high from a wonderful week . I thoroughly enjoyed the performance today , congratulations to all those who took part - hope you all had a safe journey home . One day to get all the washing done , then off to Moorlands Summer School !!

• Like 3

Just got home . DS is tired , but still on a high from a wonderful week . I thoroughly enjoyed the performance today , congratulations to all those who took part - hope you all had a safe journey home . One day to get all the washing done , then off to Moorlands Summer School !!

We had the mad one day washing frenzy between LCB and Elmhurst. Thank goodness

microfibre leotards dry quickly! :-)

• Like 4