Elmhurst Senior summer school 2014

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can definitely do jazz in ballet flats.

If it was me I would go for the ballet shoes over bare feet because sometimes you might do a step where you sort of let one leg drag across the floor which might be a bit sore on bare feet.

• Like 1

Guest dancer2027

Don't own one yet and in 2012 nobody wore one! I shall bring a small wrap round skirt though if other girls are wearing them

• Like 1

DD2 dropped but I missed everybody as we arrived a few minutes before 5!!! Terrible traffic on the M25 again!! 

Anyway, I hope to catch up on Saturday!

DD2 is in group B apparently. Anyone else in that group?

DS settled in and obviously having a good time - only 9 in his group . He says he has ' ballroom ' tomorrow - but that may turn out to be the ball scene from R and J - I suspect . Hope so , as DS is not a fan of Strictly !!! Still , one needs to be versatile !!!

• Like 1

Wondering if anyone has a DD who went to the junior course last year who can tell me any more about how intensive it is and what standard the DC's are generally. Plus, what the end of course showing of work is like. I know it's only three days but trying to gauge how worthwhile it is compared with other courses

How do they work out which group people go in - is it by date of birth? Two years running dd put in group below friend of same level and age but their birthday earlier in the year than hers.

She's happy now though, as she asked to be moved to be with friend and they said yes!

• Like 2

It seems there are a lot of 15 yr olds this year so there are 2 or 3 groups all of the same age but split alphabetically. Hence our dd's originally being split up taxi, but Mr Parker kindly reunited them! :-)

• Like 2

Another great day at the summer school . DS really enjoying it all . Had pas de deux with group D today , and BRB seem to be heavily involved . Thankfully ' ballroom ' was ball from Romeo and Juliet as opposed to Strictly ! Phew ! How is everyone else enjoying it ?

• Like 6

Ds a lot happier this year ! Still far behind his peers and finding the classes challenging but loving it ! BRB dancers very encouraging and supportive ! Enjoyed the pas de deux ! So pleased there are some little ladies for him to dance with ! Lol !! Still waiting for that growth spurt !! Can't wait til Saturday !

• Like 1