Elmhurst Senior summer school 2014

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone who's doing Senior course heard anymore than initial Yes and request for deposit? Not sure when to expect to hear more!

Also does anyone know more about the course such as numbers, classes etc. New experience for DD to do residential as she's quite shy.

We got further info in the post last year maybe a month or so ahead of the summer school I think. My daughter went to summer school for first time last year at Elmhurst senior and really enjoyed it. Also shy but it was not a problem as they are well looked after and busy. Classes seemed to be organised by age in calendar year rather then school year. Boys I think, had separate class much of the time. BRB dancers helped too which was good.

Dd going again this year and looking forward to it. Excellent show of the work on the last day.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up to ask if everyone has paid their final balance yet?  Had the email with all the paperwork on 28th May which said they would send out asking for the balance the following week but nothing so far unless I've missed it??

Edited by Bailarin

Well that's weird because I've still had nothing.  Emailed yesterday to ask about it and heard nothing back. Worried now but am sure she has a place otherwise they wouldn't have emailed me all the medical/room share stuff!

Not much happens on the first day. Drop off is around mid afternoon and parents are allowed to rooms to help unpack. I think all the students then meet in the theatre at some point for a welcome meeting. It is literally arrive, u pack and settle in on the first day.

From memory, I think there is an arrival time window and I don't know about other parents, but we were dispensed with after helping to unpack. The first time dd went though, we did hang around until her room mate arrived and intros were made.

Parents and children meet the house parent and are shown their rooms and left to unpack and settle in ! The rooms are mainly twin with one or two bathrooms on each floor depending on the house ! There is plenty of storage in the bedrooms and a sink ! The house tends to be very hot so dress lightly ! Hope that helps ! I have a dd who boards there and a ds who summer schools ! Feel free to pm x

My dd tends to suggest that I leave about 30 seconds after I've hauled all her luggage to her room ;)

DD - "Er... you'd might as well go now"

Me - "Have a lovely time, enjoy the week, etc etc"

DD - (attention already elsewhere and with a dismissive flap of the hand) "Yeah, whatever... bye"

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Quick question; we are starting to pack for Elmhurst. Dd doesn't do Jazz or Modern any more so has no jazz shoes or jazz pants. Although jazz is listed as one of the classes, there is no requirement on the kit list for jazz shoes. Could she do jazz in shorts with bare feet or ballet flats? Don't really want to rush out and buy jazz shoes if not necessary.