Phyllis Bedells bursary competition 2014

DD's ballet teacher has asked her if she would like to take part in the Phyllis Bedells Bursary, which would be lovely BUT annoyingly  it's on the same day as finals for RBS !

Anyone else in the same position ? I'm not presuming she'll get to the finals at all, but if she does it's £72 wasted, which I can do without losing.

I have wondered if she could do both, but it starts at 1pm in Battersea, so she would have to be there earlier I would think - probably much too tight. Does anyone know what time the finals finish?

• Like 1

I think this has happened before, and it's daft planning as they often have WLers doing PB.

Certainly leave it to the last minute to enter and then maybe ask the RAD if they would refund the entry fee of she got finals.

• Like 3

I think this has happened before, and it's daft planning as they often have WLers doing PB.

Not anymore. RBS has stopped doing RAD altogether so no more PB (or Genee) entries for them. Oh well - at least it gives everyone else a chance as I think it has been won by someone from RBS for all the years it has been going!

My DD did it last year and loved it, but I found it slightly unsatisfactory in that there was just the one prize awarded - no runner up and not even any commendations. I thought the winner was fabulous but there were a couple of others who definitely deserved a mention.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...